2931 Kicks In One Minute

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Les, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les

Les Valued Member

Last night fifteen juniors aged between 5yrs & 12 yrs, and three adult students took pare in a sponsored kick-a-thon at the American Kenpo Karate Academy in England.

Between them they achieved 2931 KICKS IN ONE MINUTE

Thats an average of 162.83 kicks per person!

The were raising funds to buy mats for their club.

Please show them your support by visiting this link and posting your congratulations.

http://www.kenpo.co.uk/academyforum/viewtopic.php?t=207

Thank You,

Les

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

That is truly awesome!

Kick-a-thons are a great way to fund raise for your school or for local charities!

Our school does an annual fund r"Kicks for Kids" for the American Diabetes Association and we (50 students who attended) averaged 500 kicks for 10 minutes ...

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I was going to say "I don't believe it" until I read your post and saw that it was 18 people doing the kicks! Good work!

4. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

Wooter, WOOT, WOOT! Great job! I want to do it....

5. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Ok i congratulate the whole fund raising awesome but in the aspect of kicks per second you teach students that its ok to kick like crap. with the average its 2.71 kicks per second. unless the adults could kick properly 5 times a second the 5yr olds were offset. but i dont see that.

Kick chicks average is the only average i believe and find calculatedly sound. 10 kicks a min between 50 students.

Im not buying this almost 3 kicks a second unless it was 3 leg floppings a sec. Im almost a brown belt in my art and i can get 1.75 kicks off a second without fatigue.

not buying it.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i can do 3 kicks a second- if i do the crappiest, flimsiest kicks I can. actually I probably couldnt because I cant help but put at least a bit of power into it. fundraising is lovely but you're just teaching bad habits imo.

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

LOL @ bad habits come on its about making money for others not improving yourself. Would you rather they hit hard three times slower and raise less money. :rolleyes:

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Smile, laugh, be happy!

Let's remember the point of the kicking was to raise money for Charity. That said, I too have a hard time imagining anyone could perform 160+ kicks in one minute, let alone everyone in a group of 18 people including children.

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

you could probably do front kicks near that pace. Who cares if they actually achieved what they say Its for charity anyways ;)

10. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

oh my god sacrifice form and perfection for MONEY oh i forgot thats what making a name for a school and a new jag in the Sifu's driveway is all about. long run its not about charity its about getting bodies in the schools to make money on the students based on the publicity the schools generated from the charity event on slop.

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

true words. id also like to know why you are putting money before form.

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Because it is a ]Charitable event :bang:

13. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hehe

Hehehe

HAHAHAHA!!!

You crack me up :rolleyes:

;)

14. Les

Les Valued Member

The event wasn't anything to do with how or what I teach. However, I do appreciate your valuable assessment of my students performance, and my teaching skills based on a few written words.

Gosh! ALMOST a Brown Belt. I must put aside my ALMOST 30 yrs in the Martial Arts and bow to your superior experience.

I wonder if you've been training as long as I've been teaching?

That's OK. I wasn't selling it.

Les

15. Les

Les Valued Member

Thanks for your opinion.

I'm really impressed by how much you missed the point by.

Les

16. Les

Les Valued Member

We're not making much of a name for the school as the whole thing is done in private.

Here in England we do not have professional schools or instructors. No matter how much the students raise in this event, NONE OF IT goes to any of the instructors, who give their time freely.

To suggest that this event is for the instructors personal gain is offensive, particularly when your assumptions are based on absolutely NO facts.

Wrong again! The only way to join our club is by recommendation of a member, followed by a trial period. Then a potential new member may invited to join.

Les

17. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Les,

Ignore them. There's a lot of negativity on this board with people constantly piling onto others and usually ignoring the point of the post originally.

Chill out and move on :)

Congratulations to all involved. I managed 120 pm at max fitness a few years ago and can't imagine being able to do 163! Hope your club continues to be supported by your students.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Wow thats alot of kicks! Is there a video? I'd be really interested in seeing a little clip of it? :)

19. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clips, Clips, We Want Clips!

:d

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

How'd you do .75 of a kick? :D

C'mon people, it was a charitable event, loosen up a bit! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.