2009! Another Tour de Lance????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by narcsarge, Sep 8, 2008.

1. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Ok so Lance Armstrong has won the Tour De France 7 times. He has survived cancer. Never been found guilty of doping and has probably had his blood specimens tested more than any human being alive. Now, he wants to un-retire?

Lance to Ride for Astana and old time manager Johan Bruyneel

I personally think Lance has nothing more to prove. It remains to be seen what his position on any team would be but I certainly hope that this is not another story of a retired athlete that wants more shot at glory.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Why not ? Perhaps he has just got bored being retired- after being so involved with cycling I can't imagine he would be satisfied with being out of cycling.Plus as you say ,he has nothing to prove,so fair play to him :D Nutter! :D

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Good point Lou but why The Tour? The other races would keep him involved and it would be less taxing on him. If he is not among the top 10 riders will make a difference on how people look at him? I realize that this is a fresh news story and we don't have all the details. Lance riding for a new team or a rebuilding team my be a way to attrack better cyclists but I kinda like my heros to go out on top...

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

So long as he's clean, I'm all for it. Armstrong has been Moby Dick to WADA's Ahab for a decade. It would probably kill the sport for good if he was caught doping.