1st kyu

Discussion in 'Karate' started by chrispy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

My 1st Kyu grading was yesterday as I mentioned in the other thread. What an ordeal that was! It was about 4.5 hours long, as usual we did plently of cirriculem stuff, some Self defense stuff and all that.

The only thing mainly different was Sensei Psycho was there and did all the warm up stuff, and I've never hated push-ups as much as I did yesterday! Over a year ago I damaged my shoulder - landing on it while doing sacrifice throws (to busy telling my partner they were doing a good job to land properly) and so when Sensei had us do push-ups it was ok, but then he had us hold them half way up, hold them at the bottom and just generally go slow at some points, I thought my shoulder was going to tear right off.

But other than that it was great, just hours of good hard work, everyone did well, a couple of the kids that were grading for yellow and orange belts (they get to leave after about 2 hours or so) did great and were very happy to get their belts which was fun to be there for.

Pictures here:
    http://www.kmaa.ca/photos.htm

I'm the big guy in blue jacket black pants (last pic of the set for reference)

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Well done mate :)

3. prowla

prowla Valued Member

What - no tornado kicks?! :)

4. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Congrats! Welcome to the club

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

If you're anything like me, you'll never leave! :D

6. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Congrats Chrispy :)

Im quite attached to my brown belt now, we've been together for years it will be a sad day when I have break in a new one :p.

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Congrats Chris :)

Moose and Sam stop complaining! I had no notice that I was going to do my shodan - 20 minutes after getting back from my first term at uni and I was put through it - after 12 weeks of eating rubbish and drinking waaaaaaaaay too much!

9. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Thanks guys! :)

Whoa I couldn't imagine doing a grading with no notice.. I wonder if it would actually be better since you wouldn't psych yourself out then... probably not.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

What Sensei didn't realise is that I know what he is like - he thought it would be a surprise, but I was totally expecting it :p

11. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Congrats Chris.

Sam, you know you will love a black belt just as much ;)
    But saying that, I felt so sad putting my green to rest. Til I saw the shade of my gorgeous blue... :D