1kg protein for under £10

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by iamraisen, Jan 31, 2006.

1. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i passed holland and barrett today and they have protein powder in there for £9.99 a kilo (three flavours). just thought i'd let people know as its a resonable price.

2. Darkclownxx

Darkclownxx Valued Member

nice one might have to pop in to check it out :) cheers for the heads up.

3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

mate where about in staffs are you from? i live in newcastle under lyme so cant be far away from you.

4. Darkclownxx

i live in Burton on trent :). dont think they have one here but they have a online service what i checked and they have the sale on there 50% off woo!

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

if you buying online it may also be worth checking out www.myprotein.co.uk

i have ordered from here before and they are very good.

6. Darkclownxx

nice one thanks for the link. just starting weightlifting proper at home but i cant find any good barbell's online got any links for them too. sorry for changing the theme of the threads orginial layout :).

7. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Yep, I recently used myprotein for the first time, big thumbs up. :)

*Waits for McG to suggest his discount code* :D

8. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i doubt many will reply to it anyway :p

i got my barbell from www.fitness-superstore.co.uk

they have a permenent offer of a 145kg starter set for £139. its solid stuff and the one i have at home.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

hahah, you know me too well :D

PM me if you want a discount at myprotein.

H+Bs have some great sales on. Everything is in the sale at some point or another, so your best bet with that place is to wait for what you want and buy in bulk when it comes around. I got 500 fish oil caps for 14quid last time :)

10. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

does that go for me too? i am about to place an order within the next week :p

11. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Holland and Barrett are good but their Protein products...

The BodyFortress protein I must admit is really good and I healed so fast from it... however its only about 70% protein and is all vitamins which admittedly is good to an extent but not at its normal price!
    The BodyFortress weight gainer is all sugar, 58g of carbs in 100g and 47 of it is sugar :(

When I next buy protein, I shall buy from MyProtein, I still have 2 kilos of Whey Consortium Concentrate :( I cant believe you can actually make a protein shake taste so bad!

12. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Does Myprotein's whey taste much better than the Whey Consortium's? I need to restock and I am currently using the Whey Consortium's stuff. It's ok mixed with pineapple juice or in a fruit smoothie but disgusting with just milk or water!

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Never tried Whey Consortium's, so I can't compare, but MP's whey tastes good and mixes easily.

14. Achilles

Achilles Valued Member

Protein powder in canada is way more expensive than that.

You UK people are lucky

15. Ad McG

Sorry but I disagree, Canada has it MUCH better. Bulknutrition.com stock by far some of the best supplements on the net for the cheapest prices, and you also have access to cheap Biotest supplements which many people swear by.

16. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

A lot of biotest products are very difficult to bring into Canada. Popeyes only carries one of them now because the rest are too big of a pain in the ass to import, or they can't get it at all.

They do have 10lb bags of ON protein for $80 though. Best tasting protein I've had yet. Thats about 4.5kg for you metrics.

Yeah I'm Canadian... :) Its weird... no matter what I still stick to lbs instead of kg. Everything else is metric except mass.

17. Ad McG

I'm mainly referring to things like Grow and Surge which aren't too hard to take into Canada. Some of their other products like Power Drive are over-priced IMO because you can buy the ingredients for miles cheaper.

18. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

I haven't looked at any online Canadian stores but I have yet to see any variations of Grow, Surge, Spike, Alpha Male, etc... locally. Then again the prices on biotest's stuff are considerably higher than others. They sell it well on T-Nation and it generally stand you get what you pay for so I'm not ripping their quality. Just that a gym membership, protein, vitamins, fish oil, ZMA, some NSAIDS... I can't afford another $100/month for biotest, as much as I'd love to try out Alpha Male.

19. Achilles

Achilles Valued Member

I will have to try ordering some off of one of these sites if it's alot cheaper. I usually just go to GNC because it's closer but now i can see that the stuff there is way overpriced.