19 year old master

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shodai, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ah, nvm then

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

However, nonsense is timeless.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've removed the silly sexual references, so ask now that we stick to the discussion.

A reminder also to fistnfootway. We don't like challenges here on MAP, so take note of Moosey's warning.

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

He essentially shoots himself in the foot with his own letter. Here's why.

So from age 3 to 9 he trained in Koga Ryu ninjutsu that his father got from "his master" (love how they never have names) somehow. Considering how much a toddler continues to develop during that time, for a significant part of that the training would be relatively ineffectual simply due to the fact that it was most likely beyond their capabilities at the time. Though it would be fun to see a kid trying to swing a katana that's almost as big as him.

Apparently this Greg Keiffer was a student of Harold Mayle, who apparently has questionable backgrounds of his own and had his schools close down. Keiffer apparently jumped from 1st to 8th dan in six months and then taught the guy who taught footnfistway their system which they call "Tae Kwon Do Freestyle." I also want to say it is a pet peeve of mine when people claim to train in a particular system yet cannot spell the darn thing correctly.

UKS is one of the American karate systems, a mix of karate and TKD it seems. The Yoshin Ryu and Danzan Ryu (here he misspelled an art he claims to have a black belt in) seem questionable as there's no real easy place for him to learn them, same with the "Chung Fa" and chin na.

Too bad he didn't give instructor names. Awfully convenient.

Looks like Lear cut him off too.

http://www.learsmartialarts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=35

Strange. The only Daniel Young listed as a Dillman affiliate teaches Ryukyu Kempo Karate out of PA

http://www.dillman.com/schools.asp

Busy guy.

Which, as already pointed out, anyone can get since you can nominate yourself.

What's a "BBGC"?

[quuote]Well if you want I can send you picks or stuff of me training with students or whatever. I've met and trained with people like Frank Dux[/quote]

That just wins it right there.

I also love that as you follow the Internet trail all sorts of interesting tidbits pop up, such as his Myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/465808427

My name is Daniel Young I teach Karate(Naha, Tomari, Shuri ryu), Kenpo, Kyusho-jitsu, Tuite-jitsu, Danzen Ryu Jujitsu, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Ken-jitsu, Kobudo, TaeKwondo and Yoga Qigong.

Funny. He never mentioned some of those earlier. He must have trained in so many he forgot them all!

Best part of this thread? When he offers to "do things" the 1970s way yet he was born in or around 1990.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Just another fraud taking money from fools. Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see here.

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You could go to town a bit just on his claims of Koga-ryu and his mention of Yoshin-ryu and "Ken-jitsu".

Never mind the rest of the more obvious stuff.

IMO it all looks like a nine bob note.

7. Dean Winchester

Fistnfootway,

Let us run with this a little.

How about discussing the Jujutsu system you are referring to here?

Perhaps you could take us through the waza particular to these things? Explain a bit about the structure of the style? Little easy things like the basic principles, kata junban, morphology of the waza etc

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Had to Google that one.

9. DAWAS

DAWAS Valued Member

Right I am pretty sure you will all rip me for this lol but who is Ashida Kim I've never heard of the guy?

10. Dean Winchester

Here you go.

http://www.bullshido.org/Ashida_Kim

11. Dean Winchester

Lol sorry.

:D

12. DAWAS

DAWAS Valued Member

Thanks Dean that's quite a education profanity removed!! Lol

Please do not use masked profanity. As probably one of MAP's first members you should know better.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  13. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Just going with my gut on this one but I don't think that he's going to answer.

14. Dean Winchester

Well the opportunity is there for him.

Maybe after he's hit Google for a bit he might. :D

15. DAWAS

DAWAS Valued Member

Sorry all no offensive Intended

16. DAWAS

DAWAS Valued Member

Shocking that people will sell a dan grade tho! I know it goes on but did not know it was being done on such a big scale

17. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

(*OBI's Jeti Mind Trick)

(These are not the trolls you seek)

18. chuckdavid

chuckdavid New Member

well its all about skills , it have nothing to do with age

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

In theory no - in practical terms skills come with practice and practice takes time so age is a factor.

20. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

Age also influences maturity and physicality.