14 weeks to 'good strength'

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Axelator, May 25, 2012.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

^ Doesn't this exceed your DL goal? Oh and well done btw :D

2. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Thanks, yeah that's 2x BW for me, I'm now going to aim for 180kg with my straps for a single. I am planning to test my singles week after next and will hopefully hit 120kg Bench, 140kg Squat and 180kg Deadlift.

Today.
    3 Mile run: 24:05
    Now off to Muay Thai.

3. Axelator

Just muay thai today.

4. Axelator

Friday:
    Bench Press 2x5 102.5kg 1x4 102.5kg 1x26 60kg
    Military Press 5x5 60kg
    Dumbell PRess 3x8 32.5kg (35kg in use)

Muay Thai In evening.

Saturday

I can feel myself getting bored with the strength training routine, so I decided to try and hit my goals this week so I can switch to something new next week.

So today I decided to try my squat.

Hit 160kg x 1 and it felt heavy but ok, think I could of got 165kg maybe even 170kg. I didn't cos I dont want to risk injury, I'm happy hitting my goal.

Monday I will try my Benchpress which is going to be my biggest challenge and then will try go for 180kg on the Deadlift, but I have already hit my DL goal.

5. Axelator

Just rest today, tommorow will try to hit the 120kg Bench Press then see how much I can deadlift and that will be the end of this log.

6. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

clicked this just before leaving to lift and had a quick gander at your numbers.......I feel like a girly man now :p

7. Axelator

Haha thanks, it really is just a matter or consistencey and small steady progress with getting strong though.

8. Axelator

So this is the last session for my strength log. I did Bench Press and Deadlifts today.

Failed 120kg on my Bench but I did hit 115kg two weeks ago.
    Hit 180kg x 1 on my deadlift with straps.

So to sum it all up I started with these lifts at a bodyweight of 78kg

Squat 120kg 5x5
    Bench Press 90kg 5x5
    Deadlift 130kg 5x5

9 Weeks later I have put on 4kg of bodyweight and am now 82kg and my one rep maxes are.

Squat 160kg 1x1
    Bench Press 115kg 1x1
    Deadlift 180kg 1x1

According to the strength chart I used to begin with this puts my Deadlift well in to the good caterogy, my Bench Press is just below good and my squat is in the good catergory.

I now am going to switch to lifting two times a week and focusing more on cardio and dropping my weight a bit as I get back into shape for fighting. I don't plan on losing my strength gains though and will hopefully keep making progress even if it's a bit slower.

So this is the end of this log. Thanks for everyone who commented and helped or just kept an eye on me. Might keep another one in the future.

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

congrats, man!

10. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

maan from 16 weeks you surpast my bench and matched my squat, fair to say it took me somewhat longer than 16 weeks!! i'm really impressed bud, you ought to be pretty chuffed with yourself!