12 year old in MMA fight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kandi, May 21, 2017.

1. kandi

kandi Valued Member

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Japan always has crazy matchups, I'm generally against children fighting for other peoples entertainment.

So yea, they've done it for media reach, and we're helping that unfortunately.

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

I think that this is just more evidence that MMA skirts the border between serious sport and the WWE. The 12 year old won which makes you wonder how realistically the 24 year old was performing. If the bio reads correctly the older girl was an ex street fighter turned MMA pro with a record of 2-3 before the fight. Not exactly the performance of a pro fighter when she meets a 12 year old first time amateur. Could be kosher but something just smells funny.

It would be best if there was really some sort of relatively indepentent organisation to police the behaviour of these promoters for the safety of the fighters and the integrity of the sport. I don't think that it is going to happen.

LFD

4. Martinroy

Martinroy Valued Member

I am against children fight ... many companies or media organization arrange such kind of brutal events for their show rating...
    So such kind of shows should be avoided....

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

There is in the states, but japan is a whole other ball game!

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

America and UK has had children fight under certain MMA rules. (no ground strikes, full protection kit etc).
    And Japan has been in full freak fight mode since pre-Pride days. Although, even for them, I think this is one of the 1st times I've heard kid v adult though.

(not seen the fight, assume it was a work. Or that's a beast child)