10th wedding anniversary

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by justinksw, Jul 8, 2005.

1. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

10 years ago today I made the trip down the aisle at the tender age of 22.

3 kids later and about 75% gray head of hair and I'm still happy as ever.

Now I was wondering what the 'proper etiquette' is in way of gifts. I could look it up on the internet, but I'm just not that curious. Besides, I already made the dinner reservation and have a gift ready for her. :D

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Congrats to you & your wife!

Well eHow.com says...
    "Celebrate a decade of marriage with tin and aluminum, the traditional anniversary gifts. You'll spend more on diamond jewelry, the contemporary alternative."

3. Looking at your avatar, I believe I should ask what hair this is you are referring to :rolleyes:;)

4. Aaron Fields

Aaron Fields Valued Member

Here is to you and your wife! I got married at 22 as well, and last month celebrated our 12th year married. First kid is now 8 months old, and things are better after 12 years with the wife than they were at the start. Congrats again, you and your wife and my wife and myself are not the norm.

Aaron Fields

5. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Well done.
    I have been married twice,
    between me and she we have 6 children :bang:
    between me and she we have 50% of our hair, she has it all I have none.
    Don't laugh :cool:
    That tells me a Catamaran ;)

6. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

Thanks for the congrats everyone. :)

Just for the record it was diamonds I bought for her/us. When we married, I bought us plain wedding bands and she always said how she wanted them 'dressed up' a bit. So I took our rings to the jeweler and did just that. Spent a little more than I wanted but she cried at dinner (not because of my manners either) so I must have done good.

7. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

lol.

Good choice!

Im only 4 years down the road, a mere whippersnapper to the rest of you :D

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That rocks!
    I'm at 9 1/2 years. Just the other day I mentioned that we're almost at ten, and ten is a big number. Wow. Congrats. That's a big number.