101 reasons mma sucks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cosmo Kramer, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

I do tend to agree that outside the 'match' scenario all that ground and pound stuff is downright dangerous.

Certainly in the UK, it's an open invitation saying, "come and kick the ****e out of me" or "smack me in the back of the head with a bottle" ;)

2. Beltless

Beltless Banned Banned

Um, it would suck if it didn't. Not saying it has some special technique for it. Only that it conditions you stand up against multiple oncoming bullrushers. Ever tried the pen marker game? Good training.

3. Gajah Silat

:) Shhh, knives don't exist in some realities ;)

4. xen

xen insanity by design

straw man and logical fallacy

:Angel:

5. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

The only way to defend against 4 attackers with knives is to...wait for it...wait for it...

RUN!!!

anyone that tells you otherwise is full of it.

6. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

by the way...how are you neb? it's been a while since we've heard from you.

7. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

LMAO - If you see me as a god, good for you, I personally have no such aspirations, who would want to be responsible for every idiot on the planet.... there's already enough here.

:p

Thank you

Just in general, Im not being picky or decriminatory towards opinions. :D

8. Gajah Silat

Thanks for the enlightenment Xen ;) So what about the Tin man arguements then :confused:

What if they can run faster? :p

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Dude, I am so gonna smack you in the back of the head, someone get me a wet noodle, dammit.

I don't care what anyone says, unless you regualrly train knife defense against multiple attackers, you're gonna get stabbed.

But what about all the virgins you can eat? Dude, c'mon, gotta be interested in that aspect of godhood!

*blink* *blink*

Didn't we run that little ****er off earlier this year? Damn, it's all coming back to me now.

10. Gajah Silat

As long as it's just a wet noodle ;)

Indeed, and then you'd most likely still get stabbed & die regardless of style:cry:

11. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Ground and pound is actually a very quick way to end a fight.

A quick take down, followed by slamming your opponent several times, and then you disengage.

It's not to be confused with ground grappling, where yes, you are on the ground for a long time, struggling for position and submission.

And guess what?

That's also another strawman right there.

No one, not even the Gracies will tell you that you want to roll around on the ground for long periods of time in a street fight. What they will tell you is that you have a high chance of ending up on the ground in a fight, and the best way to return to your feet quickly and safely is to know how to fight on the ground.

Only in the UK?

I would love to find the country that lets two people fight on the street, and no one is allowed to interfer. :D

12. MadMonk108

Strawman again.

No one is going to tell you to go to the ground in a multiple opponent scenario where your opponents have knives.

Seriously, you've run out of valid criticism here. Your arguments have shown a severe lack of understanding of both MMA and JKD. Your attacks have been against your own perceptions, thus resulting in failing to understand the arguments put forth.

Try actually arguing based on the actuality of the subject matter, and not the strawmen you keep creating.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  13. MadMonk108

If you do decide to become a god, I can guarantee my worship if you provide me with a lifetime supply of hotties.

Or just clones of the Alba.

I think Maverick would even agree to that.

You're welcome.

Good to know.

14. MadMonk108

Even if you train knife defense against multiple attackers...you're still likely to get stabbed.

15. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

No, 101 ain't enough.

16. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

Your words belie your actions.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  17. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

lol this thread has turned from comedy into a bitchfight about crap discussed since the dawn of man...meh, its amusing:)

18. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

That is the only sane reason to participate in this thread.

19. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

20. Gajah Silat

Ummm....really....so I've misunderstood ground and pound :confused: I thought it covered the whole hitting when on the ground scenario :confused: Oh well I stand corrected :eek:

So that means I have to grudgingly agree with the second part-to a degree & in the right circumstance. :)

Can we get back to baiting and annoying each other now :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.