10 oz Gloves in small sizes

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Mrzen, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mrzen

Mrzen New Member

Hi,

Looking for some adive. My little lad, just turned 8 (small for his age) is fighting for a kickboxing title in a few weeks. He's got to wear 10oz gloves as part of the rules. Problem is, as his hands are small, the standard gloves dwarf him.

Does anybody know who supplies 10oz gloves, but in a really small mould or where you can get gloves custom made?

I'm sure many of you have thoughts about 10oz gloves for this age group anyhow, but any advice on suppliers is appreciated.

Thanks

2. relish

relish Valued Member

http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=98_100&products_id=164

http://www.pro-xsports.com/detail.asp?c_urn=43&show=&urn=2358

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-10-oz-CHI...ryZ30102QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found those on a quick google, not much else on ebay it seems apart from child's Top Ten's which only go upto 8oz so they're no good. Good luck with it all though; which title is he fighting for?

Btw I couldn't find anything on the Cimac website but it might be worth dropping them a line, even if they don't have anything that suits the purpose they might be able to point you in the right direction?

Sam

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Can't you wrap his hand up so he'll fit?

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Try your local branch of Sports Soccer or whatever they call it now (cheapo sports gear shop).

They stock Lonsdale kids gloves, and from my experience with them, their gloves are generally on the small side.

If you ask they usually let you try a pair on, and they're cheap as chips.

5. Mrzen

Mrzen New Member

It's the bulk of the glove that's the problem. As the gloves are v.big and bulky, they are harder to manage. It's a WKA title that he's going for.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated...

6. Moi

I'd get the childrens 8's on the above link and see what happens. Are head shots allowed?

7. Mrzen

Mrzen New Member

No, punches to body only with kicks to head and body.

8. Moi

Then I'd get the 8oz kids gloves, can't see how anyone would object if there's no punching to the head. Take a pair of 10's just in case.

9. RAB

RAB Valued Member

I'm just curious as to what this "title" will be called?

10. Moi

Junior titles go on weight, there are area titles, then English, Welsh, Scottish finally Britsh. After that it's European etc:

My guess at 8 it will be a local area title.

11. RAB

RAB Valued Member

I think that's great.

In reference to your question, apply a lot of gauze and tape. Sometimes sanctioning body have rules on the length of tape, but you should be able to apply as much gauze as you want. Plus, you can tape around the wrist part of the glove to keep it comfortably tight.

12. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Wow, i'm impressed. I wish I was fighting for titles when I was 8.

Your best bet would be to talk to the coach. I'm sure he would have experience kitting out youngsters.

13. Moi

How many fights has he had before? Whats his fight record?

14. teamKodered

teamKodered New Member

We tend to use T-Sport, CIMAC or TopTen for equipment.

Check these organisations to see what's available...