10 myths women have about men

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chazz, Aug 25, 2003.

?

FOR GUYS ONLY. Does this sound true to you?

1. YES

44 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. NO

20 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

ALL YOU GUYS: what do you think. Do you agree with this. Is this you.

ALL THE LOVELY LADIES: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

1. Men are not interested in what women have to say
    "Men are interested in what women have to say," countered Chris, 27, "as long as it involves one of the following: Our favorite sport, our favorite activity or your naked body. For example, many men would find it extremely interesting if a woman said, 'A couple of years ago, I got so drunk that I showed up nude to a football game.'"

2. Men want somebody who is just like their mother
    "Men do want somebody who will love them like dear old Mom," admits Eric, 42. "But sometimes Mom also annoys us; we don't want you to be like that. So love, nurture and spoil like her — just don't be her."

3. Men only think about sex
    "Well, yeah," says Paul, 34. "Thinking about sex takes up a good portion of our brain power, but we don't spend all of our free time pondering when we'll make our next move." Paul also adds, "There are actually plenty of women who are more interested in sex than we are."

4. He's spoiling me, so he must have plenty of money
    "No, I don't," assures Brady, 49. "I'm going a little outside my comfort level to woo you, but plan to return gradually to my normal level as you fall, hopefully, madly in love with me."

5. If I sleep with him on the first date, he won't respect me
    "Not necessarily," suggests Juan, 21. "My impression of you is based more on how you treat me and how we connect than whether or not we're intimate on the first date."

6. I can change him
    "No, you can't," replies Jacques, 30. "Oh, you might get us to behave differently for a while. We might wear some newer shirts or clean up after ourselves for a few weeks, but I'm only doing it because I want to do — at least that is what I'm telling myself."

7. Men are interested in my dating history
    "I couldn't care less about your sexual history," says Thomas, 19. "I don't care if you've had one or 20 partners; just don't tell me about any of them."

8. Men don't like women who make the first move.
    "Sure we do," returns Romero, 39. "It's less work for us and shows us you have good taste."

9. Men prefer inexperienced women
    "That's one of the great myths," admits Chuck, 52. "In reality, we'd rather be with someone who knows what they're doing."

10. Men are strong
    "No," assures Michael, who just turned 40. "We're babies, especially when we've got a cold or you break our hearts.

2. Chazz

GUYS ONLY PLEASE - take the poll.

ANYONE - feel free to post your thoughts

3. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Innocent little me hopes it isn't true :confused:

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

On the whole i'd say most of it was true, except for the not being interested in anything a woman has to say. I'm interested in what everyone has to say whether male or female, but the rest i would say is pretty much accurate of the way i function, but i just dont think about sex, i think about beer too!!

5. booksie_girl

Great consolation. I'm guessing #3 is sport? :rolleyes:

6. Patrick Bateman

Actually no, its will i make it through my next shift alive.

7. Chazz

I think most of its true. Like what you said Patrick, i dont agree with the not being interested in what she says. I love to listen to anyone most of the time. I also dont agree with the part where is says that men dont care if she has had sex with 20+ people, well i do care. i want to know im with someone who doesnt sleep around a lot but i do agee with the part that says that we dont want to hear about it.

quote:booksie_girl
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Innocent little me hopes it isn't true
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why is that. Why do you hope its not true?

8. booksie_girl

I only have a problem with some of them, like 1, 2, 5 and 7. I would hope that it would matter to men if I had been sleeping around. It would matter to me.

9. waya

waya Valued Member

1: Not true
    2: If you're like my mother, goodbye :woo:
    3: Not ONLY :eek:
    4: I spoil who?
    5: Depends on how everything else goes
    6: No, you can't
    7: Nope
    8: If you don't, noone will
    9: Depends on my mood
    10: I'm a wuss :D

10. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I agree with some parts, but certainly not all of it!

11. Chazz

HAHAHA arnt we all

nawwwwwwww

12. waya

waya Valued Member

LOL I am the world's biggest baby or biggest jerk when I am sick. Can go either way.

13. Patrick Bateman

In relation to sleeping around and dating history, i've slept with a few people and had 1 night stands, i would never judge someone and think badly of them for something i had doneas well.

Booksie whats your problem with no 5?

14. Chazz

I think i get to the point that no one wants to be around me when im sick.

15. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Ditto.

Actually, I don't really agree with either of them (the she said, he said of each).

16. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Everyone is different. Men can't be classified as 'one type' and all haveing the same the opinions and views. Because it isn't true

so... no vote :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  17. Jack

Jack Valued Member

I voted no to this one. Too tired to explain.

Jack

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

1. WOmen are interested in what men have to say

2. WOmen want somebody who is just like their father.

3. WOmen do think about sex (but not 24/7)

4. SHe's spoiling me, so She must love me

5. If I sleep with her on the first date, she won't tell

6. I can't change her.

7. WOmen are interested in my dating history

8. WOmen like men who make the first move

9. WOmen prefer experienced men

10. WOmen are strong

I had to change a few things to agree with you chazz .... (just like a woman huh??) :D :Angel: :rolleyes:

19. Chazz

*LOL* yeah yeah yeah. always have to change around a mans words to make it what they want. LOL hahahha

20. Jack

Jack Valued Member

No, they like to say they do before running off with the nearest cocky bast they can find. ;)

Jack