Anyone have any good books in mind?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Splush, Aug 28, 2006.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

"The Helm"
    It's both a sci-fi and a medieval adventure story, with both a love story and traitorous intrique thrown in. The main character is a martial arts expert who kicks some major butt in hand-to-hand fighting.

2. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Sorry about the late reply, lol!

Well i watched the film and thought it was great. Good to put a few names to faces too, although some characters do have differnet names in the book. For example:

Benny = sparrow
    Lil Ze = Tiny/Pipsqueak
    The three gangsters who hold up the gas truck are called Hammer, Squirt and Hellraiser in the book.

The book's also a lot more in depth, for example:

[EXPAND=""]Sparrow/benny, gets injured in the book but comes out of hospital, before being killed by Blacky (who i think is called potbelly in the book).[/EXPAND]

There are a lot more characters and also some really dark, graphic parts too.

Also, it doesn't really focus on Rocket and his photography at all, one minute he has a ****** camera and the next he's become a proper photographer.

But all in i think the book is even better than the film and definitely worth a read, in fact it's a book you MUST read in your lifetime!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007