What pc games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Feb 10, 2011.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Past/Present/Future

Past
    Ive just finished playing Mass effect 2. I was going to complete it again but I got sick of it. When all the battles felt the same and i realised i only liked the conversations, especially the opurtunites to click the mouse.

Present
    Cs source, on this server http://www.middleagedgamers.co.uk/
    it's only busy between 6pm and 11pm.

and Amnesia the Dark Descent
    Which is giving me nightmares. It reminds me of resident evil 1 and 2.

Future
    Deadspace or Arkham Asylum.

2. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I bought this game at a half price book store but I am not really good at brain games so I THOUGHT....it may be fun....but even the walk through is hard to me.It's an old game but I need brain food.

Attached Files:

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Present: Knights of the old republic and Empire:Total War

Future: Looking at civ rev. New pto pc gaming so buy shooters and stuff on my xbox so strategy is the only thing I use PC for.

Although I'll probably get Skyrim on pc

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The only PC game I regularly play aside from Warhammer 40k (love my Space Marines) is, oddly enough, the Castle Wolfenstein series.

However, I occasionally mess around with flash games on the Armor Games website. Right now "Collapse It" is fun.

5. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

KOTOR I and II were two of my very favorite games of all time. Shame none of the computers I have access to will run either one of them. I've tried!
    But that's ok. I found Dragon Age which scrated my RPG itch.
    I've been playing the Total War series since Shogun and am looking forward to Shogun II!

Right now I'm playing Fallout 3.
    Amazing. Freakin. Game.

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Just finished playing the hell out of fallout 3 with all the addons. Loved it but can't help feel that even with all the extra content, it's still missing a lot of the character and quest detail and variation that Oblivion had - even whilst it has a better character development system.

To be honest, I love my old games. to this day I still go through phases where I play Daggerfall, morrowind, Baldur's Gate 2, Thief 3, ALL of the Doom games, vampire the masquerade: bloodlines, dungeon keeper etc.

If I want to keep up I need to get a new computer. This one was amazing when I got it... 5 years ago lol. As it is, I have to play Fallout 3 on the lowest graphic settings to get a decent framerate.

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Have you tried using steam to run KOTOR?

In a way I preferred the old total war's campaign and the troops were more diverse but watching battles in Empire is awesome :D

8. monkeywrench

True, Oblivion had loads of charm that Fallout 3 doesn't quite have. But it makes up for it in other areas. Like head shots with the scoped .44!
    BLAM!
    I'm still scratching the surface really since I don't have a lot of gaming time these days. I realized I was gonna love this game the first time I got mobbed by like 5-6 Super Mutants. Aww yeah.........
    My motherboard melted down about six or so months ago so I bit the bullet and upgraded. Did the work myself! And Fallout 3 runs really great on my "new" system...that is in a 12 year old case. lol

No, haven't tried Steam for that one.

Yes, the old battles were very nice. I played some Rome: Total War not too long ago. The battles in that one are superb even with the bugs.
    I'm a sucker for the naval battles in Empire. They are beautiful for one and capturing ships is very neat to watch.
    :cool:

9. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Me too, took me 250 hours ...
    Oh and I didn't play MZ, aliens ruin the setting imo.

Now it's time for CIV IV again. I'm totally not into strategy games, but CIV is really catchy somehow.

Next big project is going to be Dragon Age, I guess.
    Oh and I have to finally play Oblivion and FF XIII.

I really wish I could play as much as I wanted to... They should sell the time you need to play games in some kind of expansion set.

10. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Na the mothership zeta addon is quite cool - and it has some of the best weapons in the game on it.

11. monkeywrench

I highly recommend Dragon Age. It took Fallout 3 to break my DA addiction!
    The Awakening expansion is decent as well.

12. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Planescape Torment at the moment, and really enjoying it. I love old RPGs :)

13. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Thumbs up. PT is an incredible game. I highly recommend the higher resolution patch though, even if it's not THAT oldschool then anymore.

I really can't decide whether I should play Oblivion or DA first .... Guess I have to go for the first before it becomes too 'classic' ...

14. monkeywrench

Ask yourself if you want more of a solo play or team play. Oblivion you basically play your character solo. In DA you have a party of up to four.

15. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Yeah I know ... I like both, I enjoyed Morrowind and Fallout 3 as much as Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale (which was highly underrestimated imo)
    The question is not which one I'd like best, but which one comes first. =D

16. monkeywrench

Ok, this should help then.

DA has way better loot.
    :cool:

17. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

That does actually help! =)
    How long did it take for you to get through it?

18. monkeywrench

I knew that would help...it's all about the loot!

I couldn't tell you how long it took me. When I was playing DA some days I could game for a few hours, other days just a bit here and there. Also I tend to play out every little side quest and just roam around looking for things to do. So I tend to take forever to finish one playthru.

ETA: My favorite armor from the Awakening expansion. Sentinel Armor...oh yeah baby.
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Armor_Set

19. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Same with me.
    Well, most of the time. There are games that need serveral play throughs to completely finish them, and that's not for me. I like to start a game, get lost within the ingame world, explore every single pebble and then finish the game after roundabout a million hours. Just like a good book, but more colorful usually.
    And after that I don't touch it for years.
    For example it was last year that I play through FF 7 again.
    Btw I love the PSone ... xD

20. monkeywrench

You can experience pretty much everything in DA with one playthru. You might want to replay as a different class and to experience all the neat dialog/relationships that differ from class to class.

And with games like that it may take a playthru to really start feeling like you've gotten proficient at playing it! My second DA playthru felt loads different and more fulfilling than my first.