Unifying The Ninjutsu World by Antony Cummins, Aged 13 3/4

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Manga, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manga

Manga Moved On

Let's all be best friends!

First let me be rude and insulting and then let's be best friends.

:rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfeymNLMUpg"]YouTube - Unifying the Ninjutsu Community[/ame]

2. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Originally posted by Ninpei - Manga is led by rage, anger and vengeance, it was easy to see that her goal was domination and subjection of others

Manga,

What do you think?

Has Antony been scared straight? :hat:

- Mark Spada

3. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Lol that was the most hypocritical video I've ever seen in my entire life.
    Antony Cummins:You're also just scared haters who doubt me just because you don't like me, (ignore shaky credentials and claims that don't stand up, plagiarism, Internet research and name calling here")

Antony Cummins: Lets all be friends now.

Man, Does this chap have dis associative identity disorder or something?

4. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

See....this just raises too many questions for me:

Will this be like a union? Work less, make more?

Will we receive original shares on the ground floor?

Will there be meetings?

Will there be casual Fridays and designated parking spaces?

What about the so-called indie organizations?

Will there be any upgrades in regards to office equipment? 'Cause that copier we got now is a royal pain in the balls.

See what I mean?

Too many questions, man....

- Mark Spada

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  5. Manga

Manga Moved On

He's playing the "humble truthseeker" card in an attempt to take the moral high ground.

Because as he continues to be proven false, fraudulent, fake and downright laughable, it will enable him to turn to his flock (that's the flock of goats he keeps in his back garden, the same back garden where he took the photo he claimed was taken during kobudo training in Japan) and say "see how my haters hate me even though all I'm trying to do is make our world a better place" and that will enable him to gain a +1 Sympathy Bonus from the crowd.

Also, I believe he is now edging further towards a messiah complex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_Complex

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

As long as there are doughnuts at meetings I'm in!

7. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Hissatsu shinobi bachi!

I was going to comment, but the relentless condescension and presumptuousness infesting his video made me angry. I'm mainly just commenting to register my general disgust, as opposed to actively discussing this bilge.

8. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

This guy has an axe to grind, books to hawk, and delusions of grandeur; why do you insist on giving him added publicity by posting his videos here?

9. Manga

Manga Moved On

dra_uk said - "This guy has an axe to grind, books to hawk, and delusions of grandeur; why do you insist on giving him added publicity by posting his videos here?"

My god, you're right! What was I thinking? Quick, unplug your internet and return any unused portions to the store for a full refund before any more of your brain is infected.

For the rest of us, it's so we can be aware of things and discuss them. Such discussion might entail analysis of his reasoning or his logic. It might involve considering the potential consequences of his actions and how they might affect us in the short or long term. Also, it's funny to see him trying to act all cool and reasonable in the face of his critics and detractors, especially when he's been proven over and over to be a massive fraud.

Also, feel free to start your own threads about what you feel would be valid, interesting, informative or amusing subjects.

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Mark can you not make little snipes at the Indies in your posts please!

11. dra_uk

Cheers for the sarcasm; pots and kettles on the insulting factor.

Do you honestly believe that the copious number of threads already about this guy aren't enough? He refuses to answer questions about his training background (while still making claims about training with Hatsumi in this particular gem), his actual role in his translations, and is being deliberately controversial to sell books. He's the YouTube mouthpiece for some nebulous "research team" and he's been discussed to death and starting yet another thread is doing nothing but help him flog his drivel.

Yes, it's true that discussions about his videos might entail analysis of his reasoning or his logic, but in practice they simply don't. These threads degenerate into sniping, whining, pictures of LOL cats and music videos.

His actions have no impact on "us" - or they certainly don't have an impact on me. They only have as much impact on you as you choose to allow; he's a self-aggrandising snake oil seller who's trying to wind you up, and you're letting him.

If you want to flog this dead horse, go ahead. Enjoy.

12. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

However the point remains that these discussions put the fraudulent nature of Cummins and his work in the lime light.Many of the older threads are not easily accessible and unless someone has been following this entire tale from the beginning they would be unaware of them.
    When it comes to research and martial arts, the "all publicity is good publicity" does not apply. Cummin's actions and drivel have a strong and negative impact on the ninjutsu community as a whole,and besides some of the people here are teachers. I'm pretty sure that Cummins melodrama on Youtube pertaining to the style they teach would bother them quite a bit. I don't think there's anything wrong with making sure that the facts are available to whosoever would like to look for them.

13. Manga

Manga Moved On

dra_uk said - "Cheers for the sarcasm"

All part of the service :cool:

Manga Industries - Sarcasming Your Internets Since 1868

"Do you honestly believe that the copious number of threads already about this guy aren't enough?"

That depends. If each thread was simply a repeat of the previous one then yes, you'd have a point. But as the story develops, further threads may be necessary so as to address new points. Now you could argue that old threads could simply be continued but then people start complaining about thread necromancy so it's impossible to win. If a thread has lain dormant for some time but new issues have subsequently come to light, it's far better to start a new thread, referencing previous threads where appropriate.

"These threads degenerate into sniping, whining, pictures of LOL cats and music videos."

Welcome to the internet.

"His actions have no impact on "us" - or they certainly don't have an impact on me."

Then simply don't read the thread. However as Antony's actions are within the wider spectrum of "ninjutsu activity" (for want of a better term, they might have some direct or indirect bearing upon us at some point.

Consider Martin Faulks. His activities couldn't have an impact on us, right? We'll leave him to his own devices. Then suddenly he's splashed across the national media and there's a very real chance his activities could have repercussions on us all through perceived association. Just imagine the UK police reading those articles and deciding that all Bujinkan Dojo in the UK needed investigating as harbors for vigilantes, nutcases, weapons fetishists and probably terrorists too. Already I know people who've been given funny looks by friends after reading those media articles. What if Antony gradually starts to indirectly affect us through perceived association?

And what if - just what if - Hatsumi said hey, okay Antony, let's work together. Suddenly Antony would be your ally.....

But that's okay, the subject doesn't interest you, that's fine :cool:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  14. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Hang on, there are limits to what we can negatively criticise about this video? We can't say anything about how ludicrous the demand that "someone who has access to Dr Hatsumi, who speaks Japanese, sit him down in front of a computer and translate this message to him..." part, let alone the message itself? We can't point out that Christa's Tomo Ryu shows that there is a huge gap in her claim to teach authentic arts? That for her to teach from the Shoninki would mean that she is teaching Kishu Ryu, and only part of it at that, so that should class her as fraudulant if that is her claim? That the very idea that Hayes, Hatsumi, and FRANK DUX are related by the Ninja is so far out as to be the very nail that ends his credibility for a true, historical research society once and for all? I can't say any of that as that's not allowed under his request for no negative feedback? I can't send him copies of the rather aggressive, threatening, and attacking messages that his little lad Arteanor sent me on you-tube, showing that they do indeed have the habit of attacking people? Really? I mean, really? Can't I?

Hmm, may have to do so anyway. I have next week off, that'll give me some time....

15. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Mod request.

Can we please keep the number of threads about AC to a minimum, otherwise it clogs up the board and starts to get confusing. I'll leave this one open, but in future can we use this one or the other one to post AC stuff on. It also helps to keep all the relevant discussion together for future reference.

Thank you! :)

16. dra_uk

So, the other Antony Cummins thread which has lain dormant since 9:04 this morning wasn't an appropriate place to bring this up?

Meh.

Does your dojo publicise itself as teaching ninjutsu? Mine certainly doesn't. Martin Faulks is doing the same thing as Antony, just on a larger scale - trading on the l33t ninja aspect to sell crappy books.

Nope, he'd still be an unhinged man ranting on the internet and would still have nothing to do with me.

You're right, flogging a dead horse does not interest me; enjoy your thread.

17. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Absolutely agreed. Personally, I thought the "Latest News" one would have been perfect for that, both in form and title, but it got locked....

18. Manga

Manga Moved On

dra_uk said - "So, the other Antony Cummins thread which has lain dormant since 9:04 this morning wasn't an appropriate place to bring this up?"

There's another currently active one? I'll take your word for that then*. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't scour the forum 24-7 or keep a database of threads in my head. In fact many threads I simply ignore as they don't directly interest me in the moment even though I acknowledge they may be valid in the overall scheme of things. But if it's such a huge issue, simply request that a mod pastes this thread onto the end of the previous thread. I'd have no problem with that.

* I just went to look and yes, okay, there was thread activity there this morning, basically comedy stuff. But more importantly the only reason that thread is even showing is because of the bump/necromancy. Before that it was sliding behind newer threads, soon to fall off the front page. So sorry if I didn't go hunting for recent activity on older threads. Sheesh. No really, sheesh.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  19. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Comedy.

Also, an amateur study on the interaction between decievers and their followers seems something appropriate for the whole ninja idea. I know it's been a common thread here ever since the whole Choson nonsense.

20. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I know the Bujinkan crowd doesn't like Antony Cummins but why have so many threads bashing him? It's like people are trying to draw him into a fight by shouting insults at him from MAP and hoping he'll log in (he is a member here) for a good old-fashioned conflict thread. So what if people view his videos and even enjoy them? Having multiple threads complaining about him isn't going to stop him from posting videos. It's probably actually encouraging him since it keeps the fight fresh in his mind and discourages him from finding something else to do with his life. Kind of a vicious cycle...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.