UK I Liq Chuan Workshop!!1!!!1!!1!

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by inthespirit, Jan 17, 2011.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just giving you a heads-up on the upcoming I Liq Chuan seminar in March this year.

If you're around definitely come check out Master Chin, its well worth it. His knowledge and application are the best I have come across. The methodology is very straight forward; everything in his system has a reason, straightforward explanation, purpose and is verifiable through various testing methods. It’s all very hands on, structured and progressive.

I last attended his seminar in February last year and it has made a huge difference to my practice. I highly recommend it!

Details are on I Liq Chuan website:

http://iliqchuan.com/content/london-i-liq-chuan-workshop-march-5-6th-2011

(I think venue is still to be updated, but it is in London for sure)

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I would also recommend Sam Chin. I attended last year, and found it a great experience. Regardless of which style you do, in my opinion the ILC material is very integration friendly and universally applicable.

If you've had interest in the system or have thought about persuing it, then you should definitely check out the seminar. ILC benefits from having a well structured cirriculum, that provides good results and clear progress - with the added benefit of Sam Chin to instruct, who formailised it directly from his fathers teachings.

Sam is a highly skilled teacher who is also good fun to learn from.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Folks, Master Chin of I Liq Chuan will be doing another London workshop in February 2012.

I will be there, as well as a few peeps from our training group.

If anyone is interested in feeling/seeing what high level kungfu skill is like, this will be great opportunity for that…. plus you get the amazing privilege of watching me fall multiple times! :)

Workshop details on I Liq Chuan website: http://iliqchuan.com/content/london-uk-feb-11th-12th-2012

4. leftwingtaoist

leftwingtaoist Valued Member

this is very very interesting and very very similar to what ny teacher teaches.

This is exactly what i was taught:

practice chi kung and you wil develop superior kung fu.
    practice internal martial principles because applications are just manifestations of those principles.

do you know if anyione practices this system in ireland?

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

At the last workshop I met a Russian guy (Sergey) that lives in Dublin and practices I Liq Chuan. He was saying then that he wants to get a group together there, I’m not sure if he is still there and/or had any luck with the group.

In any case, I will ask around and maybe will see him at the upcoming workshop. I’ll post something on here for you if I have any luck.

P.S. just had a look, here is something he posted a few years back. Maybe worth signing up on there and asking him directly:

http://iliqchuan.com/forum/looking-partner-dublin-ireland

I'll let you know if I can find out something anyway.

6. leftwingtaoist

leftwingtaoist Valued Member

found him thanks. i might even see you at the seminar.

7. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

No worries. Let me know if you do come to the workshop/seminar, would be good to chat in person.

Also, the workshop/seminar is the best way to get introduced to this art as you can see its full potential in Master Chin and see how his teaching has developed his older and newer students.

8. firefly2280

firefly2280 New Member

I keep hearing good things about this guy.

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Should come along if you can. Sam Chin is really inspirational, a true personification of the skills we often hear about but rarely see. The really great thing is that he is very hands on and will happily let you try just about anything on him as well as let you feel what he does with his body etc.