South UK meet up (Stevenage)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by cloudz, Aug 9, 2010.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hi mappers,

Over the course of the next couple of weeks I am planning to book a venue for a meet up in October some time.

We have had a few of these in the past, organised on the KF forum. The basic idea is to get together with some like minded people from different styles and get some fun and friendly sparring going.

This meet up is open to all styles/ stylists. The more the merrier as they say.

Anyone who's interested and available to attend please register your interest here so I can get an idea of numbers as there may be the option of taking a bigger space at the facility.

If you have any preference for a day/ date in October please mention that also. Either a Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers, and see you there.

I plan to book at the following venue, which we have used in the past.

http://www.stevenage-leisure.co.uk/CentrenbspLocator/ShephallLeisureCentre/tabid/187/Default.aspx

here's a highlight reel of the first meet up we had there. Good times! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX53vq_SX24"]YouTube- Martial Arts Planet UK Kung Fu Meet Feb 08 (Highlights)[/ame]

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

is that the same place from before?

Been a while where I cant remember.

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hey mate,

yeah that's the same place.

4. Mushroom

cool. If I can, I'll try to pop in. I've got a comp (wrestling) in November so I'll be training mainly my wrestling during all of November, but if there will be a nice varied turnout, then I wont mind popping in.

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Cool, I don't mind training wrestling with ya! :)

Let me know if you have any preference for an Oct w/e, as i know you're busy with work quite often.

Will be good to see you again mate.

6. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I will be there on and sat or sun

7. Mushroom

I'm free the last half of Oct but dont plan it around me as I'm on call all the time.

8. RobP

RobP Valued Member

I'll keep an eye on this and let the lads know if that's ok - a fair few of them live in/around Stevenage or we could come down after the Saturday group. Later Oct would be better for me

cheers

Rob

9. -Harlequin-

-Harlequin- Valued Member

Although I am new here I would very much like the opportunity to train and learn from you chaps, stevenage is close to me.

Provided its okay with you I would very much like to join.

Thanks, Harlequin

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

MAP Disclaimer - This event isn't organised or promoted by Martial Arts Planet and the site takes no responsibility for any injuries or loss of earnings, life, limb or sanity that may result from attending.

11. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Thanks Moosey, you really know how to encourage people attending ;' )

Do we put you down as for sure or a maybe??

powchoy

12. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

What? Does this mean if I get killed I cant sue MAP! Damn! :D

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Hey, just a technicality!

I looked at trains to attend and it's 4.5 hrs from where I live, otherwise I might have turned up.

14. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Even if you did you'd only end up with whatever loose change we found down the back of a sofa.

15. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hmm 3-4 hour train journey and 40 quid.... Its a maybe from me, can't contribute anything on the learning or providing a challenge in sparring side but I make a good punchbag and demo dummy :D

16. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Are you referring to the Infamous MAP sofa, all I saw down the back of that were remnants of viewings from the Martial Arts Babes thread :p

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Might do, I've got family in Stevenage so it wouldn't be too tricky to swing once a date is confirmed though I'm still recovering from a back injury so I'd see how it goes.

18. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I'm a very strong possibility, definitely make it if I can.

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Good stuff,

I've booked the studio at Shephall leisure centre in Stevenage as before. Details, map etc can be found here: http://www.stevenageleisure.co.uk/CentrenbspLocator/ShephallLeisureCentre/tabid/187/Default.aspx

Sunday 24th of October 2pm - 4.30pm (we could run over if nothing else is booked in after us but the mats are needed for a jiu jutsu class next door starting at 5pm)

Costs are £20 per hour for the room, which will be shared equally amongst the attendees. 2.5 hrs is booked @ £50.

Look forward to welcoming some new faces to the meet-up. Put it in your calenders folks!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Since it's only half an hour away from me it'd be almost rude not to if I'm not working.