Jock Brocas

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Nutjob, May 16, 2010.

1. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

2. Manga

Manga Moved On

I bet he never saw this one coming! *groan*

Seriously though, Jock is the subject of many a thread here on MAP and elsewhere. But when you consider that his old website was filled with junk like the picture below, you can see for yourself what kind of man he is. Fake military history, fake bodyguard history, fake psychic, fake claims of having travelled to Japan, the list goes on. I'm now going to be laughing myself sick as I watch all the people who cosied up to him in order to get a foothold in Scotland for their little empires, putting some distance between them and him :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Manga

Manga Moved On

Just for added win, here's his latest website, although I notice that a lot of the text has been replaced with Greeking text. Funny that.....

http://www.jockbrocas.com/

4. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Oh dear. Yeah I was quite glad when I found a dojo in Scotland not affiliated with his network as the "psychic" stuff everpresent on the Bujinkan Scotland site sent up warning bells.

5. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

Well, when he's ready to learn a real martial art instead of reading minds, he can come train with Domatello and I in HakkyoKen Ninjitsu. :ninja2:

6. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Badam-tshhhh

7. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

In late 2008 Jock asked me to write a review endorsing his book because I didn't immediately totally reject the possibility of the existence of some sort of "psychic" faculty -- which is not exactly the same thing as swallowing it whole.

I finally read the book, and in January 2009 told him I would be unable to endorse it. I tried to let him down gently in explaining why:

Looks like my own intuition was working pretty well.

8. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Did he ever get anyone to endorse it?

On another note, what is his dealings with the buj in Scotland nowadays, how do they feel?

9. Dale Seago

10. Dale Seago

No idea. He seems to have recently vanished from FB. He also had published an event there on FB, a Scottish Tai Kai he was organizing in Inverness for the end of September. I was planning to attend, as I've not been there yet and have long looked for an excuse to visit my ancestral homeland; but that event page seems to have vanished as well.

11. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Just had a good look around for him, seems he's friends with Ed Martin...:bang::bang:

Lots & lots of stuff out there about him, says he's been in Norway teaching, anyone know where? i thought there was better quality teaching in norway than Jock could provide...

12. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I heard he was doing this off his own back with no authorisation (does he need it?) and pretty much on his own, i think it would have been a washout with him at the helm..

13. Manga

Manga Moved On

For reference, that website was http://www.scottishtaikai2010.com/

However this is Jock's current website.

http://bujinkan-scotland.com/

For what it's worth, please note that he's apparently an 8th Dan now. Oh dear, I may have just wet myself from laughing :hat:

Attached Files:

14. Manga

Manga Moved On

Oh and while I'm on the subject, Jock's a member here under the name "jock_hiken" so feel free to PM him or just concentrate your thoughts, visualising your intent into the parallel worlds of the astral plane where pixies will no doubt forward your message to him. Of course, he already knows in advance you'll be contacting him.

Incidentally, this.

http://www.towardthelight.org/jockbrocas.html

And if you want to hear him blither on about psychic loopiness, here you go :rolleyes:

http://www.towardthelight.org/images/TTL_JockBrocas_10Feb08.mp3

I bet he can't read my mind right this second :cool:

15. Dale Seago

Manga darlin', so did I after seeing that pic. It would take one of my kyu-level students most of the day to describe what's wrong with it.

If he's 8th dan. . .and doesn't train in Japan. . .then some well-meaning and kind-hearted shihan had to sponsor him for the rank. It's going to take two to get him to 9th, and a committee (or cabal) of three or more for 10th, so I suspect he's gone as far as he ever will in the Bujinkan.

16. Manga

Manga Moved On

On his current website there is a picture of him with Hatsumi sensei but whether it was taken in Japan is anyone's guess. It's amazingly badly photoshopped too.

Attached Files:

17. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

The feet placements & body shape immediately came to mind, look at the back foot, oooh...quality :rolleyes:

Well i heard this morning that the Shihan in question was no other than.....drumroll please.....Ed Martin!!! what a suprise after getting him over for a seminar...

I bet the Godan test was a piece of cake with his supernatural ability..:evil:

18. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I think this is real, taken about a year ago i think, then 3 dan grades later...

19. Manga

Manga Moved On

Oh gawd, I can't help myself, please forgive me :hat:

On this page he says:-

And then goes on to list ten principles! Am I the only one who immediately thinks of the Spanish Inquisition sketch? :evil:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o"]Monty Python - The Spanish Inquisition - YouTube[/ame]

20. Dale Seago

Nononono, Manga, he says there are nine principles.

And he lists ten virtues.

It appears the principles are secret and unlisted.