Be careful who you mess with

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kuma, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Hopefully this hasn't been posted already. Jerk on the bus picks a fight with the wrong guy and ends up getting his butt kicked. Warning: does contain foul language and some violence.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk"]YouTube- Epic beard man[/ame]

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Fiver says Epic Beard Man is an old skool boxer.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

My moneys on ex-forces.

Although it wasn't as satisfying as it could have been - epicbeard man was being a douche in the run up, I think they both deserved a slap.

4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I love these "tough talker gets pwned by unlikely badass" videos lol

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

He is ex forces but I'd also bet he's boxed, great handspeed for someone that age!

Just shows you, everyone should learn to box. You never know when it might come in handy!

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Everyone should learn to kick...

7. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

What the hell?

Why the hell is something like this being lauded as good? I can see 3 possible scenarios here:

1) the white guy is racist
    2) the black guy is racist/perceived the white guy as racist
    3) they're both mental.

There was no need for violence anywhere there. And it is really freakin' obvious who hit first. 'Epic' beard man.

Stuff like this makes me angry.

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Eh? Watch again, the black guy clearly throws the first punch. Also he's the one who goes over to epic beard man, who has moved away to the front of the bus.

9. Llamageddon

I first saw that as a push but I can see how it could be a punch. Guess I was looking for contact to the face. Still not sure I agree with the amount of force returned though.

And they were still both at fault

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Without the prelude to the video it's hard to say, but it certainly looks like a racist old crank goads a black guy then beats him repeatedly round the head in response to a push in the chest.

None of it is exactly edifying or instructional is it?

Mitch

11. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I disagree, I think beard man did very well. He waited untill he got hit, then responded. He stopped once the black guy went down. Alright, maybe a couple of punches too many but with the amount of adrenaline in his system its not easy just to switch on and off like that.

IMHO even if he had preempted and hit the black guy the second time he got in his face it still would have been allowable, thats certainly what most self protection instructors would have advised.

As it was it was clearly self defence.

12. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

You also have to consider that the geezer also went to the front of the bus. He created some distance between them. The black walked to the front of the bus and laid his hands on the old guy.

13. Llamageddon

Points duly noted. Still frowning on the amount of force though. I don't think the situation called for it. Sorry!

14. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Tbh i suspect the damage was done by the bus seat rather than the the punches.

15. AndrewTheAndroid

I disagree, I don't think the force was excessive at all, he didn't even knock him out from what we could see. For all anyone knows that guy could have a gun or a knife.

16. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

They're both at fault. Yeah, the old guy moved, then he kept mouthing off. I wonder what the conversation was before the video as well, as whatever it was it was obviously interesting enough for someone to record.

While the young guy gave the old guy a small shove, the response was way out of proportion.

Are there any members of law enforcement here? I would imagine that they would both be arrested.

Look, everyone like seeing thugs put in their place, but this isn't an example of that. This is an example of two guys looking for a fight who both got what they ordered.

It would be interesting to see what the reactions would be if there exact same situation were played out but substituting different combinations of age and race.

Bottom line: Either could have ended at any time by shutting up. The people egging the young kid on are idiots as well.

17. AndrewTheAndroid

18. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

So if the old guy was 'looking for a fight' why did he go and sit at the other end of the bus? Surely it would have been easier just to stay where he was?

Its hard to say exactly what was being said, but the black guy clearly says 'I'm going to put my foot up somewhere' several times. Also at the begining it really seems like the white guy is trying to stop trouble and defend himself, even saying 'I'm not prejudice'.

At the end of the day to me the verbal only matters to a certain extent, the facts are the old guy went to the other end of the bus, the young guy followed him up there and then punched him in the stomach. Its not a shove, its a punch.

He was a bully and he got what was coming to him.

19. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The old guy clearly had a right to react that way - he'd moved away from the confrontation and was then confronted again in an aggressive manner.

IMO, the force was reasonable

20. AndrewTheAndroid

That was exactly my take on this. The old guy was clearly trying to clarify what was said before the recording started. Why else would he bring up going to a funeral on friday?

Not to mention that punch to the stomach could've easily been a knock on the chin if the geezer didn't block it.