new wksa web site

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KSW CANADA, Nov 15, 2009.

1. KSW CANADA

KSW CANADA Valued Member

Well has any one had a look at the new wksa web site? what do you think?
    ;)

2. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

When I click on the English button from the default page for the domain, my browser gives me an error message. Likewise when navigating back to this "home" page from other pages on the website, I get the same error message (something isn't loading properly, I think). Continually having to click away the warning box gets annoying, to say the least.

The content of the various pages looks to be the same stuff as before, just with a new "shell" to house them in. A lot of fluff over nothing if you ask me. Plus, it couldn't hurt to get some PROFESSIONAL help if there are bugs to be worked out while using someone else's script/code or whatever it is that's all screwy. :Alien:

3. DoJe

DoJe Valued Member

Judging by the errors - with regard to UK school owners - looks like the site has had a rough wipe over with a dirty rag rather than a wholescale refurb. Pretty - but inaccurate. Still in development though I guess.

4. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

Unknown

must be something wrong with your system
    No problems browsing for me using Firefox or IE8. Try updating Flash

5. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

I think its terrible...Not even mildly impressed...For an organization as vast as WKSA this is a poor attempt to revamp a website.

6. unknown-KJN

Yeah, they still have Phillip Holmes listed on the Masters Page as being located in Austin, TX. :D :thinking: :dunno:

Uh, no. I don't think so. I'm a MacUser, running the latest edition of Safari, FWIW (the only upgrades I don't run are the ones I choose not to, and for good reason - but all my browser plug-ins ARE up to date).

Thanks for looking out for me, though. I really appreciate it. :cool:

7. kswking

kswking Valued Member

with all the money being made from the new franchise, you think they could scrape together enough cash to get a decent website. maybe we should all check the back of our sofas and car ashtrays to help them out?

very poor site for a global organization

8. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

LOL Come on guys give the WKSA a break! It IS a big job revamping a website like the WKSA's with so many links from page to page, and hard to get it it all right immediately. I know, cos I currently have the same problem with mine.:confused:
    However, I would have been nice if they had managed to get the current info correct. I notice that I am now BACK on the site and listed as a school owner...twice. Once as a school owner for Lancaster and again for Swaffham, which closed about 6 years ago when I moved home!
    So maybe one particlular WKSA Master, resident in Canada, will now forgive me for not being able to make changes to my own site straight away!
    I won't hold my breath tho!:evil:

9. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

Just pulled my Mac off the storage shelf and fired it up, no problems conecting to the site however it is only running OSX 10.4.1 - probably older than yours?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  10. unknown-KJN

Hello, everyone.

I decided that discussing my computer configuration was off-topic and so I PM'd my specs to Demdike (it's true that I'm not running the absolute LATEST & GREATEST software, but a bit more current than what Demdike has).

But I did mention something in that Private Message that does pertain to this thread and so I'm sharing it now:

11. Unjeesunsu

Unjeesunsu Valued Member

Some guy in Korea is taking care of that and nobody at HQ is looking at it??
    With an office like that they could give that task to one of the teens that train in Houston, he/she would probably do a better job. Besides, there has got to be somebody that is making HQ aware of the fact that things are messed up and how can you give a job like that to anybody without giving that person the right / new information??

Unjee

12. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

the website was changed again overnight
    the rank list of masters has gone and been replaced with pictures of In Joo Suh and Sung Jin Suh. In Joo Suh also gets a biography which states "In Joo Suh is the highest ranked Master still active in Kuk Sool Won today."
    There is no mention of In Hyuk Suh as an active master, only as the founder
    Is this it? The point at which IHS stands back and hands over the reigns? It would fit in well with the franchise timetable.
    It also makes it a good time to make that decision to jump ship as the management and leadershio has now clearly changed.
    New management, new system, new franchise.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  13. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

That is the same bio that has been on the website for quite some time.

14. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

OK, maybe I read too much into that "highest ranked Master still active" bit , though I don't remember seeing that sentence before- but why are the rest of the masters missing? Including IHS?

15. DoJe

DoJe Valued Member

Looks different to me - agreed - exclusion of IHS looks odd and perhaps heralds the eventually expected change.

16. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

IHS has never been on that page.

Use the internet go back machine if you think the verbage is different. I'll think you'll find it to be identical.

17. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

when I looked yesterday there was a list of all non-Korean based masters listed by rank, with IHS at the head of the list. That list has gone as far as I can see

18. KSstudent

KSstudent Valued Member

Hmmmm, musta been a glitch, I looked at the school page today ( 2 - 3 hours ago ) and saw some schools up, Alphabeticly by state, still sorted by regon, on my comp. it came up with the sothwest regon, Had pictures of the school owners by some of them.
    only had 25 schooles in texas, I'm gona check the wayback site and see who's missing, at first glance I saw a few... cant get it to come back now..But there will be a big shocker if this page was current, Down to 2 9th Dan in the US ????

19. unknown-KJN

Definitely something screwy going on! My guess is that it's a faulty java applet, as it keeps crashing my browser (thank goodness it has a "reopen all windows from last session" option).

I still see "under construction" for the schools page, and only In Joo Suh & Sung Jin Su on the masters page (and KSW_123 is correct, IHS was never listed there since he had his OWN page).

20. CKJNstudent

CKJNstudent Valued Member

North Austin was removed. I saw it earlier too.