another noob :) Hello there.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Blade96, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

What art do you do? Kenpo and shotokan

What grade are you? White belt in both, I just started a few weeks ago.

Where are you? I am from Newfoundland, Canada

What other hobbies do you have? I am a university student who will (hopefully be graduating in May with my BA degree (Bachelor of Arts) i am completing a double major in History and Russian language and literature. I'm thinking about going to journalism school. but i also want a black belt in both of the martial arts I'm doing. I'm also quite a huge hockey fan, have been since ...forever lol and my fave team is the Detroit Red Wings and my second fave team is the Montreal Canadiens.

I also love partying and singing and movies and bowling and hanging out with friends and making friends online and IRL. and talking on the phone and dating etc. Very normal things.

You may want to tell us your real name and your age. My name is Jacklyn, I am 31 years old and I am a female.

My forum name is a tribute to my favorite martial artist - and the comic book character he played in the movies. which incidentally it is my fave movie and comic book character :) The number 96 in my name is the number of my favorite Red Wings player.

I hope to make lots of friends here and go off about martial arts - and everything else that i love that is permissible to talk about here. (Incidentally are discussions about the topics of politics and religion allowed here? Because i'm a bit of a political animal as well and i like deep philosophical discussions.

I hope to contribute here and i hope i am, or will be, welcome here! :)

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP. Several of us regulars are female, so if you require the female perspective on anything feel free to enquire! :)

3. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Welcome to MAP! I notice both your arts are Japanese, is this a coincidence or are you specifically interested in Japanese arts and/or culture? Politics and religion are allowed in the off topic section, with a special sub-forum in off topic especially for religion.

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

You can't say that we don't provide a warm welcome at MAP. (see picture)

there are off topic threads that you can open.

welcome to MAP

Attached Files:

5. Blade96

Thank, you, Ms. Moderator. (you are one of the mods here?)

Its a coincidence, I assure you. :) I knew they were Japanese but I was simply interested in those 2. well.....i suppose i wanted eastern culture MA in a way because i was aware of their years and years ....and years!! (jk - longer than many years....i know) of history in developing it. and karate was the MA I knew of the most. well as per my knowldge of the black Africans in both of the Americas I also knew of Capoeira but i wanted to train in karate.

edit: hehe..Koyo....nice pic.... Blade ftw :)

btw i have a funny pic of him about to do a can of whoop - azz on the vampire from twilight ....hehe its funny

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

No problem. Yes, I'm a mod round here and for my sins, I get to look after the Ninjutsu forum. :)

7. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Welcome to MAP, eh?

Good to see another Canuck around here :)

8. Blade96

poor you.

Hehehe. i kid! I kid! =]

yeah. I see you are from all the way over on the west coast of our country.

I just wanna say, Its nice to meet you all! :)

9. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I am indeed from way out west. I've never travelled out east to the maritimes before, but I'm thinking about making a trip out your way next summer. Gotta make sure I get to see all of this great country!

10. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

Welcome to MAP.
    What form of Kenpo are you taking? (Tracys or EPAK)

11. Blade96

then we're even, Steven. =] I've never travelled out west to the prarie provinces, or BC, the farthest i've been is quebec and ontario.

what's the farthest you've been?

well tbh I have no idea *laughs* I am just starting so am fairly new as i said. sorry to admit my ignorance. That would be a question I can ask my sensei though tomorrow night when i have kenpo.

btw Koyo, I stole your Blade pic for my avatar. ;)

12. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Toronto is as far east as I've gone. I definitely recommend coming to check out the west coast some day...just make sure it's not during the Olympics. It's gonna be a madhouse around here.

13. Blade96

well i hope to someday, yeah! visit the west part of canada

btw speaking of the Olympics, my good friend Kelsey (a figure skater I ice skate with when we go skating i forgot to mention I am pretty good ice-skater though i have only been skating for 6 months ) won a coca cola contest to be an Olympic torch bearer on Nov 13 in St John's! she's also going to watch some of the Olympic games including the ice hockey ones of which im jealous of her, lol, she said she'd bring me back some souvenirs though.

I'm so happy for her :)

14. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Being a torch bearer is quite the honour. Lucky her! So she'll be watching the games live here in Vancouver?

15. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya Blade96 - Welcome to MAP, always good to get another female on board! :)

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

TV pretty bad here in Glasgow tonight (no NCIS)
    Might just watch blade on DVD.

Glad you liked the pic. I quite likes Snipes in the Art Of War.

again welcome.

17. Blade96

yeah she will be right up there in Vancouver, watching curling, some hockey and of course figure skating - her love of all loves :)

thanks! :)

and Hiya right back atcha, RedKite. ;)

just make sure yer not a mofo who's always tryin' to ice-skate uphill. :p

i quite likes snipes .... period. :)

18. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Hey there, welcome to the forum! :)

19. Blade96

Hi, thanks for the welcome :)