Wtf Forms!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TigerAnsTKDLove, Dec 28, 2003.

1. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

this is for students of WTF what is your favorite form? what was your most easiet form to learn? what was your most difficult form to learn? im just curious about what you students have to say:D

2. captainmoomoo

captainmoomoo Valued Member

It's probably either Tae Geuk 5/6/ or 7 Jang...

3. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

i've always been fond of taegeuk 3, but i think my favorite just to do on my own is taegeuk 7

4. tkd_princess78

tkd_princess78 New Member

I didnt like Tae Geuk 8 or what our school calls it Senior Red. But I loved Tae Geuk 6 (Senior brown) I even got a best form patch for that one. Tae Geuk 7 (Red) was the easiest to learn.

5. Koryo

Koryo Valued Member

I found taegeuk il jang the hardest to learn. My favorite would be either chil jang or Keum Gang.

6. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Okay now I have a question . . . what for you makes the form your favorite? A particular combination, the theme of the form, the flow of the form? I'm interested to hear answers, hope they vary as much as the fave forms themselves . . . lets not leave out the other organizations as well . . . what about the ITF et all others.

7. Kwondo

Kwondo 3rd Dan WTF Taekwondo

I would say, my favourite is taegeuk chil jang, and my hardest to learn... either taebaek or pyongwon.

8. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Uh...guys....I only have four so far to choose from :(

Ask me the same question in a year ;)

9. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Naa, I'll ask you right now :)

Out of the four you know which is your favorite?

10. stratiotes

stratiotes Valued Member

My favorite so far is Yul Gok (ITF) which is the form i'm working on now. I've actually liked each one better than the last with the exception of dan gun. 4 high blocks back to back just seem useless to me. I like forms when you can kind of feel the kind of techniques you are blocking and stuff.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Right now I'm learning Tae Guk 4, so that's my favorite ATM.

PL

12. stratiotes

stratiotes Valued Member

Is tae guk similar to the itf hyungs or whatever you call them?

I noticed we had a WTF black belt join our school, and when we did chon ji, she seemed to already know how to do it. It's easy anyway, but still, i figured it'd take a few minutes to catch on. I just assumed maybe tae guk was really similar?

The only problem i saw her having was she seemed to use more of a walking stance rather than a deeper front stance that we use.

13. Din

Din 3rd dan

my fav is probably shipjin which was also the hardest to learn.. i think the easiest was teaguk 3 or 4
    :woo:

14. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Whereas the 1st and 4th movements in Yul-Gok make perfect sense ;) :D

My fav, has gotta be either Hwa-Rang or Gae-Baek, gimme 3 weeks and it might be Juche ;)

15. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well...if you master all techniques, the forms shouldn't be difficult. i like all forms but they get more and more interesting with the 4th and onwards.

16. stratiotes

stratiotes Valued Member

Yeah 1st and 4th yul gok techniques are useless. But at least yul gok looks cool. step+highblock - step+highblock - step+highblock - step+highblock doesn't look cool, looks like an egyption dance, lol.

17. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

some wtf schools uses the blue cottage forms as a suppliment
    mine being one of them

18. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hello - What school do you attend in Minnesota ? :)

19. stratiotes

stratiotes Valued Member

blue cottage? What the heck is that?

20. Kwondo

Kwondo 3rd Dan WTF Taekwondo

Patterns have always been my favourite thing to practice and teach. A lot of the kids seem to find the first pattern the hardest, but once they get passed that... it's more likely to become either taegeuk oh or yuk jang. But the most popular to watch and learn is Koryo. (at my school at least)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004