General's Uniform Changes

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by JoKyoNimJey, Sep 21, 2008.

1. JoKyoNimJey

JoKyoNimJey Valued Member

What do you think of them?

2. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

In case you dont know only thing that changes is the dickie collar thingy, for first and second degrees it stays the same, but for 3rd and fourth the flag turns to the logo. for 5th - 6th they have red thingy's , and 7th and 8th they have I believe gold (but not sure exactly when they change to gold) Also I believe all of them will be satin/polyester, more comfortable than the rayon.

Anyway I like the change.

3. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

4. ember

ember Valued Member

Well, it will help to distinguish so we know the correct new titles.

5. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

I'm not sure I like the logo (have to let it sink in, see someone wearing it), but I do like how the color changes. Whereas before multiple ranks wore the same uniform but you couldn't tell exactly what rank someone was, now between the stripes and the dickie color you can know exactly what someone's rank is (save 1st and 2nd degree... but we don't get no respect anyways) ;)

What would 9th be? I guess the gold scarf (with the gold stripes, as before)?

I think hwarang's right about the material change. If you look at them (from 3rd up) it appears to be a more solid material, probably satin/polyester. But it seems there is zero change for 1st/2nd.

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

They have been offering the satin w/flag for a while now.

7. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

In my own view there is little need for anything more than a black uniform for Dan Ranks and a white uniform for GUEPS.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

8. shimajiro

shimajiro Valued Member

I am very near your opinion, the GU's are already a little campy as it is, now this is even more so. It's really nothing more than an expensive version of colored belts. Kano-san (RIP) must be turning in his grave...........

9. shimajiro

shimajiro Valued Member

that is correct. all of a sudden it has become important????

I cant figure out why it is needed.......I don't think the majority of the masters CARE! ( or at least I hope they don't) But apparently someone thinks it is important to emphasize/distinguish rank by title & ornament rather than by other attributes.

10. Out-to-Lunch

Have the new titles been released yet?

11. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i'm not keen on the red scarf but the chances of me ever reaching the level where i'm entitled to wear it are slim! the white one with the wksa logo is pretty cool though.

12. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I am not sure why there is a need for the changes, but they look fine to me.
    Come on davefly76, you can make it master. It is just a matter of time and practice.

13. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I've never really liked the General's uniform in the first place.

14. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

simple answer, If we (WKSA) are going to have a ranking system, we should very well be able to tell what rank someone is.

15. KSW CANADA

KSW CANADA Valued Member

i agree totaly with hwarang well said: (simple answer, If we (WKSA) are going to have a ranking system, we should very well be able to tell what rank someone is.)
    but ....
    why the hell is the wksa doing this now so close to the wksa worlds????
    why couldn't they do this like at the summer seminar. common its 3 weeks away

16. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

I can see why the flag to logo change helps as often as an underbelt, i've been unsure how to address blackbelts in all silver other than sir or ma'am at tournaments etc.

Not sure about the coloured scarfs but I'm sure it'll help in addressing masters using their new titles instead of everyone being a KJN, like it was previously.

17. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I wonder if the new titles will see widespread use and adoption. Your average practioner is not going to get the chance to use them enough to make them part of their vocabulary. I don't have a problem with the new titles, I even memorized them already. But I never remember to use them and just fall back on old habits.

18. Out-to-Lunch

What are the new titles??

Thanks!!

19. KSW CANADA

KSW CANADA Valued Member

yes what are the new rank titles for sixth dahn and up
    i heard them for the first time at the great lakes tourn in cleveland this past april and briefly at the summer seminar, and kwan jahng nim alex explained there would be new titles. but they were said to fast for me to catch them. i even remember alex kwan jahng nim laughing in ohio, asking master harmon for help durring the bow in at the tournament.

does anyone out there know.

for us to order the new neck piece how do we go about doing it, it says by email only.
    do ou think we will have them in time for the worlds. i'm leaving 2 weeks from now going down a week early.

20. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

pyung, ju im, ji do, soo suk, sun im

kidosool, why is this interesting to you, considering you are not WKSA? It only affects WKSA.