Ong bak mauy thai style!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Martial artist, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Martial artist

Martial artist New Member

What Muay thai style does the main person do in Ong Bak?

Ong Bak is a muay thai film.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  2. dustIn credible

dustIn credible Valued Member

the only thing i've ever heard of Phanom Yeerum (main character in the movie) studiyng is Muay Thai and Krabi Krabong a Thai martial art involving swords and long wooden sticks.

3. cioGium

cioGium New Member

Thou i never seen the film, i have read a review about it who mentioned that the moves used in it are all muay-boran. The forefather of muay-thai.

4. englishpremier

englishpremier Valued Member

I just saw this film and it was pretty damn good. My question is how far a representation is it of Traditional Mauy Thai? I've never been overly interested in Thai Boxing (sporting side of mauy thai) but artistic license aside if this movie as a fairly decent representation of the Martial Art of Mauy Thai then i would definatly want to check it out. Compared to the sporting side of mauy thai i have seen in the ring, this looked more like kung fu. Was that some sort of form Ting was doing near the start of the movie?

on a side note, would it be wise to be elbowing people full force left right and centre, in terms of damage to the joint?

doh, thought this was MT section. I'll post there for a better response.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004