Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nicolethai1, Apr 26, 2008.

1. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

Managed to get one of these delivered yesterday! :)

Does anyone else have one and what are your thoughts? Will they help our increasingly unfit/overweight fellow citizens to get into shape?

I must say that I haven't even had a chance to use the thing yet, as my kids have been hogging it - it's definitely gone down well with them. Current favourites seem to be ski jumping/slalom and hula hooping.

What does seem to be quite clever is that it challenges you to set goals and it rewards you for the amount of time you spend exercising by opening up new games and challenges.

It also measures your weight and BMI and if you're overweight it gives your character a bit of a paunch!

Hope I get to try it soon - I had to go for a real run this morning instead! :rolleyes:

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

They are out in the Uk first I think. You're the offical tester for us. The wife wants one for her birthday.

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

In theory could be a benefit. However, how many people will pig out while waiting their turn on it?

I'll stick with Medal of Honor, Heroes 2. Pump action shotgun on that with how much I use it = knackering! Brilliant fun, but knackering :D

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

It's an interesting concept and it's already sold out in all the usual stores up here but I'm not wholly convinced by it. It will probably get you as fit as Brain Training will make you are intelligent.

There is however rumour for use of the board in other games such as skate boarding...

5. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

Finally managed to get a (brief) go on it!

The balance games work really well on the board, for example on the ski slalom, where you have to fine-tune your shift of balance from side to side (also forward/backward). I'm looking forward to trying out the yoga section as well!

Skateboarding games etc would be perfect for this board.

I can see this being really addictive...

6. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Bought it today at the end of my shift. Looks good!

Also got a very (un)sexy promotional t-shirt for it....

EDIT: Had a quick go earlier - mainly setting up a profile. Turns out that being 5'9 and 13st 6lbs is overweight. 27.5 on the BMI.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  7. Chimpcheng

Apparently Carmen Electra wants to bring out her pole dancing exercise doo hickey onto the wii board thingy...

Awesome. :D

8. Moi

I was joking with my wife that I was waiting for the stripper's version.
    Hope it's out by the end of June.:rolleyes:

9. Chimpcheng

Although this little piece doesn't mention the wii board in todays paper a rep for Carmen Electra mentioned the use of the wii board in this proposed product.

Not sure how it will work but I'd like to be there when it's going through QA testing... :D

10. Moi

Where's the thread gone?

Now people have had it a while what do you think?

11. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

i too am very interested. what's the scoop?

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Threads merged (after I had to use Google to find it!).

My mam has been on about getting Wii Fit because she's limited to the exercises she can do (various health problems). What she doesn't realise is that the Wii is in my room and is normally getting used for Need For Speed rather than anything healthy :D

13. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Almost all of my friends who own a wii are busy on super smash brothers brawl so i'm kind of intrigued to hear about this too. The wii is becoming more of a possibility, there was a stage when i thought it was going to become nothing more than a series of party games but stuff like this is pretty cool.

14. Moi

My wife wanted it to get back into exercise after a long standing back injury so she can hopefully return to thai boxing.
    So far I've seen her heading a ball, skiing and doing some joga.
    She's ****ed 'cos it added 15 years to her age.:bang: (I've just found out it was because she got a fit of the giggles and fell off the board during a balance assesment)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  15. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

I'm half and half about the Wii fit, why can't people just jog its cheaper. As I know some people are lazy and want it in their living room or they have a fear of people who wear hoods.

I still do as much cardio as I am allowed, I have no job at the mo and still recovering from an op. So I use NHS gym and a peice of equipment lent to my mum, I will not allow them to take it from me its mine!!!!mwwwhaaa

Na, I think it will be popular untill next year and the you will find it will start to collect dust in the corner of the room. Apart from people on here as you know that exercise is a good thing!

Also I don't always think BMI is always right with machines, I have gone from 8 stone on one machine to 10 stone on anouther under a week...hmmm me thinks machine's can be wrong.

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

We got our wii fit :D have used it a bit, and I'm overweight hahah.

Is going to be great for my wife to use to get back into exercise after the baby is born.

17. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

One of the Nintendo mags has a monthly column by someone using the wii fit to loose weight. Apparently he's lost 2 stone in four months from using wii fit, so it can be of benefit.

18. Moi

My sister borrowed one from a friend. In a month she had lost 5lb and her husband had lost half a stone. It does seem to work.

19. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

We have The Fit and it does provide a workout for those who have been sedentary and I can see it as a starting tool. IF IT IS USED CONSISTANTLY! If you don't use it consistantly it's just another thing to collect dust. It is entertaining and quite fun.

20. weske888

weske888 New Member

Its Good stuff cant get too much :)
    Who knew that in the future nintendo would help folks lose wait not gain it !