silat class in belfast?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by patkan, Apr 18, 2008.

1. patkan

patkan New Member

hi folks, does anyone know of a silat class in belfast northern ireland?

i trained with a muay thai instructor who introduced some silat techniques, aimed at improving self defence, but he preferred the full contact aspect of muay thai, rather than the technique of silat only. i was impressed with all of the techniques demonstrated, they were practical and extremely efficient. the instructor was very down to earth and respectful to everyone he taught. but if i could find a class in the belfast area i would like to check it out. there is a silat class in the ballymena town area, but it is too far to travel unfortunately.

any help would be appreciated, i can be contacted via e-mail Removed as per Terms of Service or on the forum here, which i will check regularly!!

thanks in advanced for any help folks

yours in martial arts, pat kan :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2008
  2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Robert teaches in Ballymena, great guy, knows his stuff, I trained there for several yrs.

I have Roberts phone number, if you want it, pm me.

If it HAS to be belfast, there used to be a small class in Frames up in the top room behind the Muay Thai class. Afraid I dont have any contact details for them...

4. sly fox

sly fox Valued Member

5. fightskool

fightskool New Member

Advertising removed. Do it again and I'll ban you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008