Cung Le VS Frank Shamrock

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 19thlohan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I think the original thread on this got lost during MAP's down time. Anyway I found and interesting vid on ther two mens training methods for the fights.

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WYogEeThfhY[/ame]

2. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

holyyyyyyyyyyyyy

looks so sweet, hope cung wins...

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ok... ok...

On one hand I'm thinking... FFS... MMA is going the way of boxing... hyping fights that no one really wants to see by people past their prime. :D

But... then you see Frank and Cung training and you think... hmmm this could be a fricken cool as hell match up as well!!! :eek:

I've never been a big Cung Le fan to be honest... but credit where credit is due that reverse spin kick(?) that he does is fierce. You DON'T want to get caught by that!!! :eek:

And I've always liked Frank because well he's a personable guy and he's fit and not a half bad fighter. I kinda liked him because he got his ass handed to him by Bas Rutten back in his Pancrase days. If I recall Bas put him on the canvas with an open palm strike to the thigh!! I mean he just got slapped like a biatch for that entire match... it was Pancrase after all... NO closed hand strikes allowed... but he despite the beating Frank still hung in there. So respect. God I loved that fight since the first time I saw it... both of them are class acts. And let's face... you almost thought that big bald white dude in red knee high boots was Rick James Super Freak!!! :D

Ok... I lie... now I do wanna see this. :D

Here is the Frank Shamrock VS Bas Rutten Pancrase bout I talked about:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR-2yN3jLYI"]BAS RUTTEN VS FRANK SHAMROCK - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  4. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Frank Shamrock's line about "... and that's why we're going to swordfight" made me love him a lot.
    That said, my money is on Cung.

5. 19thlohan

LOL, So he spins the oposite way when he does it?:p

Spinning back kick my man, spinning back kick.

6. slipthejab

err... you do realize there are kicks referred to as 'reverse spin kick' right?
    or maybe you didn't see the ? I put in that was the big indicator I wasn't sure what the kick was called.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  7. 19thlohan

Chill out dude, it just sounds funny like your saying he's spinning the oposite direction.

As for the reverse spin kick. I've only ever heard Joe Rogan and other unqualified announcers use that term when they don't know the name of something and decide to name it themselves and pretend like they know what they're talking about. Them and fans that learned all they know about martial arts from watching UFC shows and the likes.

8. slipthejab

Don't make me reverse spin kick you! :p

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

but Rogan's kung fu is unorthodox. :angel:

watched the vid, looks nice. it's going to be a good fight IMO.