New Features!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Saz, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

With the new upgrade, we've got plenty of new features planned, and a few that we've launched right now.

Video embedding - You can now place clips from YouTube, Yahoo, Google Video, MySpace, MetaCafe and PhotoBucket directly into your posts. No more leaving MAP to play that fight clip!

Quick Reply for PM's - Press Quick Reply in a private message to write a reply without loading a new page.

New Articles - Brand Spanking new Articles section. This replaces the somewhat outdated Magazine section, and is searchable from the forum now. Interviews has been added, and an Review section is coming soon!

New Style - MAP has been given a lick of paint and glossed up! If you prefer the old style, fret not, it still exists. Just go to the bottom left hand corner and pick Classic MAP from the drop down list.

New Logo - Some years ago we ran a competition to pick a new logo. The winning logo, chosen by you, was Tefeari.

New Arcade - The Arcade has had an update. Keep an eye out for new games in the coming weeks.

Bigger Avatars - Your avatar can now be 100*100, and 125*125 if you are a supporting member.

Bigger PM boxes - Your PM Inbox can now hold 125 messages, a 25% increase.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I think it all looks great, in particular the video embedding is a real improvement! The avatar size is also looking good (depending on what is in there though of course!:D)

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I love the video embedding, I think its great. The new Articles section is well snazzy too.

I also forgot to mention, we have new ban list. I predict this will be someone less popular but hey :D

4. Topher

Topher allo!

"The admin/mod that banned the most people is Saz (298 members)."

I see the the "leader board" has been made public! :D

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've been modding since 2003 :p There's gonna be a few notches on my bedpost.

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm adding some new smileys.. or rather trying to

[smilie=9,37,15]

7. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

I think that staement is a violation Of the TOS:D:D

8. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Desktop Tower Defense in the arcade?

Nice job guys, loving the new splle chckeer already! :D

The avatar resizing thing is great too!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Man... Hat's off to you Saz... this NEW MAP looks great. Streamlined and sleek. I almost shed a tear when I clicked back on the MAP classic version! :D

Very cool to have the embedded video feature here!

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I just noticed the journals have gone,is that permanent? Or am I just being dumb?

11. Topher

Topher allo!

Everything looks great. Good job.

any chance for different streamline styles? Like MAP Power Blue or Classic. in streamline. Pretty please (wish there was a fluttering eyelash smiley :p )

12. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Hello,
    I was just wondering if there already exists a feature (or if one could be made available) that would allow a person to download all of their posts as text, in much the same way that you can download all of your PMs. I'd really like to be able to have a record of all the posts I've written that I could then search through on my own computer, whilst offline. It would help me a lot with things like article writing.

Thanks,
    Joanna

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

am i the only one wondering what happened to the photo gallery...? it says "im sure i put it here somewhere"

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We still haven't got round to updating the gallery, hence the redirect (the page that shows will send you back to the forums after 5 seconds).

15. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

TD in the arcade are you kidding? :eek: That'd be the best news this year!!!!

Work have banned it, but I'm sure I could get in via the arcade.

there should be a big "pweeeease" smiley ;)