Bug tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Saz, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

With the upgrade to MAP, if you notice anything wrong with the site, post it here so myself and Anth can keep a track of it and fix bugs. We're expecting there to be one or two at least.

Its worth noting MAP has been rolled back to the 2nd of March. Anything done after that no longer exists, posts, PM's, Supporting membership subs etc (we can sort the latter out without you repaying, just PM me)

2. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Just being picky here but when scouting the main forum when you click the 'go to last post' button on the older thread just before MAP died it brings up a message saying 'no thread specified. If you followed a valid link please notify admin'

Only happens when searching the main forum, once in the sub section it works fine then.

Other than that all seems cool :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

My avatar default seems to be stuck at 75x75, maybe topic mod permissions need changing?

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Paragraph formatting errors

Not sure if this is forum software upgrade related or not. I just posted this thread:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77431

Which is a cut and paste of a CNN article. I simple highlighted to the text and copied and pasted it. But for some reason when I did and edited it (added a bold headline etc.) the type looks to be formatted correctly in my edit window... but when I look at the thread after it's been posted in the forum... it's been broken down into single lines and all the paragraph formatting has disappeared. Strange.

Even when I went back into edit it to see if I could manually go back and put in the paragraphs... it still shows up in my edit window as being fine... but when I view it in the forum... paragraphs etc. have all been removed.

Any idea of why that happens?

5. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

when you click on the photo gallery link you get an access denied message.

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Looks ok on my screen (on Power Blue 100% skin).

You get an access denied message or you get "You can't find the Gallery? I'm sure I left it somewhere around here..."? If you get the latter, then all is working good until we get the gallery sorted.

7. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I got a message that said

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'maplanet_sa'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/maplanet/public_html/photos/pp-inc.php on line 74
    I cannot connect to the PhotoPost database. []

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I see it - looks like I missed a skin when I was setting up redirects.

EDIT: sorted :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Its probably worth mentioning here that Photo Gallery and Journals aren't working at this stage.

10. Topher

Topher allo!

In the streamlined version the multi-quote button is a question mark.

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Cheers Topher. That will need a new button making for it so I'll see what I can do at some point next week unless Saz gets it.

12. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

the supporting memeber link gives you an access denied..

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Are we talking about in the Support MAP page? If aye, that area is my next task anyway :)

14. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

15. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

The craziest thing... I never noticed it until just now... there is literally a golden halo floating over my name!!! :eek:

:p

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Yep, that page was changed by the software developers with it being too similar to subscription.php - the subscribed threads.

Back from competing now so I'll get the page redone at some point tonight.

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, thats done. You might need to hard refresh for the link to change to the new page, as Support MAP is now entirely in the new MAP scheme :)

18. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what happened to the little button that linked you to the last post in a thread?
    on the main page i only see a text link which takes forever to load, and leaves me having to open the thread at first page and manually go to the last one.

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Can people please tell me which skin they're using when they post bug reports? I have better things to do than go through every skin looking for something. Trust me, I did enough of that last week when we were rebuilding this place.

20. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008