Will there be a subsection of MAP for the USA?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Mr. C, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C 9th degree BB in arguing

I was thinking of having a thing like us.martialartsplanet.com and other ones for specific countries. MAP is great for global but I think things should also be more localized. Just a thought.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Doubt it - its doing quite well with the interaction between people from across the world.

3. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Respectfully, I disagree. It's called "Martial Arts Planet", not "Martial Arts Local Geo-Political Entity".

4. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

Why? the interwebz isn't local it's everywhere!

5. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

What is your reasoning behind wanting a US only page?

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

What's the point? :confused:

It's called 'Martial Arts Planet' because it's a worldwide site.

Personally, I find it interesting and informative to discuss things with people from all over the world.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

If we started a us.martialartsplanet.com, I would not use it in favor of the international sites. I like all my British pals.

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Quite right!

I would feel the same way if there was a seperate UK site.

Half the fun of MAP is trying to wind up my American buddies! ;) :D

9. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

If you ever have anything that you'd like to share with just us Yanks, just start your thread title off like this: "'Mericans Only: <title of thread>".

That way, any ferners (that's foreigners to anyone not from 'Merica) will be courteous enough to not butt in.

10. Mr. C

I see that I am widly disagreed with. Also I wasn’t thinking an "American Only" what I meant was a place for American martial artists can meet, it was just an idea. Anyways, thank you for your criticism, I appreciate it. (No sarcasm, I like to be disagreed with in an intelligent way)

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

LoL - I love it.

"Mercins only: <title of thread> (no ferners)"

12. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

If you mean for organising US MAP Meets, that's been done successfully through the main site before.

13. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

Even better when you know what a Merkin is :)

14. Mr. C

Thats what I was really trying to get at.

15. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I now have to go and wash beer out of my keyboard thank you [​IMG]

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

A US only group would exclude me from ever making a US meet. so maybe it's not all bad :D

17. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I think a bunch of us going over for a US meet would be a great idea! May need a LOT of discussion just to decide on a date, but it could be do-able(?). Summer 2009? :D

18. Mr. C

As noted before I would like to meet up with some of you guys in the USA. I am currently residing in New England and would love to meet some of you guys. As I said, I hope this is not in the wrong section as I like to think I have good forum etiquette.

My idea would to rent a convention center and have people donate their time for seminars and such. This is just an idea, as I can't really do much on my own. I wish I could go to the 2008 meet but I'm thinking its not going to happen (Ok, no chance).

Thank you all; you guys are an awesome community

19. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

Dang they tarred and feathered you Mr C :D

I qutite enjoy being wound up by the people across the pond :D

20. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

:D