Using BJJ or Judo against Wing Chun?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Panzerhaust, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panzerhaust

Panzerhaust Banned Banned

Ok, so I've recently started doing some Wing Chun, I've gone to two or three classes so far. After one of the classes I asked my friend who has been learning Wing Chun since he was little to do some sparring with me.

Now herein comes the issue, even though I work out all the time, can box fairly well and have ok kicking ability, have done a little BJJ, some Judo, and still keep up with my randori with a friend I could not grapple him.

I tried doing some hip throws, a few Judo throws using the arm, leg sweep, double legs, but no matter what I tried it wouldn't work.

With the arm throws he locked me out, with the hips throws he just hit me in the face, I tried getting really close and doing a leg sweep/hook BJJ style but even that failed. I tried going for double legs and got my head kicked, knee-ed, punched, thank god for protective gear and gloves.

Anyways does anyone have any grappling techniques that they have tried or even that they think would be most effective against Wing Chun in particular?

Much appreciated.
    Peace
    Panzerhaust

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.