Has anyone ever heard of Al Perry? (BJJ Black Belt)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mikey Triangles, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Neo-Ninja

BJJ Black Belt Fraud, Al Perry

Now this started on MySpace, then continued to Sensei Al Perry's own forum, then after a few evasive and down right rude replies I posted a thread on Bullshido also. Now I'm putting it here also to see if anyone heard of this guy.

So Sensei Al Perry's student started spouting off in a myspace group about his instructor being a black belt in BJJ, and when I asked him the simple question of who his teacher (Al) got his black belt from he got belligerent and started telling me how his Sensei was going to kick my ***, lol. Then he gave me a link to his school's forum, and told me to get in touch with his teacher through there, so I said fine, and put up a fairly respectful post asking about his lineage, expecting a respectful response, but what I got was hilarious. His teacher basically challenged me to a fight if I could get through his top student!!! like a bad kung-fu flick! It's gone on a bit since then, and a lot of others kind of jumped in, but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here is the thread on his forum:

http://mmafighters.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=34#34

Now at times on other forums I can be a bit abrasive, but that was not the case here. I thought I was very polite, respectful, and to the point. I have consulted several legit high ranking BJJ Instructors in the area, and nobody seems to have ever heard of this guy, and his name literally turns up nothing in any search.

Now I realize it is possible that this guy is legit, but at this point it seems HIGHLY unlikely. Has anyone here ever heard of him? If he is a BJJ black belt he must be a super secret ninja one because he is completely off the charts, and the closest thing to an answer that I managed to get was, "I got my BJJ Black Belt from The Gracie's in Brazil"...

If you read some of the other threads on his forum you'll see a lot of odd and confusing posts... especially in the "Question Corner".

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Sensei Al doth protest too much.

3. Mi Don't Mi Do

Mi Don't Mi Do Valued Member

Read this earlier on bullshido. Seems suspect, however, that said be very careful what fight is proposed... will it be purely BJJ or MMA?

4. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

lmfao at that thread, what a bunch of (insert insult here to do with extreme stupidity)

5. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

So did he actually ever reply?

His students must have been brainwashed or something not to be slightly suspect at the fact he was so evasive!

6. tntma12

tntma12 Valued Member

That guy sounds like a chump to me. I would say if he can answer a simple question like that, he probably has something to hide. He seems to be a fraud to me, but just my opinion on that

7. Mikey Triangles

yeah, basically the entire BJJ world joined his forum and turned it into a zoo.... he can't even habdle it anymore,.

he issued an open challenge then refused to give upo his location when many (including myself) accepted.

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

what gets my goat about this situation is this:

it would take all of two seconds to say which Gracie he trained under. but because his student was a jackass, and he is apparently a jackass, that option is out the window. now he's doing the "i'm so great how dare you disrespect my authority" crap we see in McDojoland.

both of these guys are tools, plain and simple.

9. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Looks like this is going to happen, any chance of videos being posted up?

Been following it with interest so would like to see the end result

EDIT - I read on there that Kempfist was going down to watch so any chance you could get the video(s) of them up as unsure how often Mikey posts on here

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  10. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

Al and his guys did not show.

11. Mikey Triangles

kempofist got the video of that though..lol

12. Gajewski

Gajewski New Member

i believe the only gracie black belt in baltimore is john rallo... im sure you have seen his comericals for ground controll during ufc... i did see a post some where that had supposedly been written by a instructor at a gracie school that they knew of al perry and included a phone number too... i cant seem to find it now..and that said to call if any one had qustions or something.. i dunno it could have been bs... but apparantly he was a black belt in brazil according to that post...

13. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Yep, no show, and just found out it was apparently a massive troll job.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCv07NDsvqk"]YouTube[/ame]

Good news is, Sambo Steve (local instructor who was supposed to ref any matches) gave those who showed a free Sambo seminar.

The way I see it, at least now frauds and BS artists in the Northeast know that not only will they get called out online for being frauds and BS artists, but if they run their mouthes afterwards, they can and will be gladly met with personally. Just adds to the validity of the achievement of the sites goals IMO.

14. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

LOL just been reading the remaining threads, safe to say i was suckered into this!

15. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Ha! You guys got owned. Well, not really, but you could have been doing something different and more fun with your sunday afternoon.

But check it, now I can say the following to fakes:

I'm sick and tired of you clowns running your mouths
    I might get KempoFist to *blank* in your mouths

And have weight on the threat!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  16. Mikey Triangles

different and more fun then a free private Sambo seminar with Stephen Koepfer?

you realize that SamboSteve is world renown, right?

17. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I have no idea who he is. But if you enjoyed it and benefitted from the experience, good on you.

And I can still threaten people with getting you to *blank* in their mouths.