Hapkido near Dallas?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by altitudes00, Aug 6, 2007.

1. altitudes00

altitudes00 Valued Member

I've been looking for HKD classes in the Dallas area for a while now, but the only school I found is currently in the process of relocating(according to their website). I see that there have been some seminars in Dallas as well, but I was wanting to find some regular classes. I was wondering if anyone happens to know of a school that I might not have found. Thanks

2. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Hello. Our schools are based in the Dallas area.

www.jtms.info

3. yukwon

yukwon New Member

I have been on the mat with Master Murphy several time. If you are anywhere near one of his school, I would strongly recommend it. Its worth it!

4. altitudes00

altitudes00 Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at those schools after I searched the forums. Unfortunately, the location in Bonham is over an hour away(I'm more in the Carrollton area than Dallas). I was looking at the schedule on the site, and the other location only meets once a week for adults. I'm thinking I might need to have more frequent classes. What do you think? Thanks again.

5. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

We have classes in Allen, Bonham, Richardson, Mckinney, Plano and Van Alstyne. All of our clubs meet at least 2-3 times a week. The dojangs meet 4-5 days a week. I think perhaps you have looked at our richardson location the "Adult" class listed was just an extra night of training for adults only. The other classes at that location are available for all age groups.

I think you should give me a call.

6. SUNGJADO

SUNGJADO New Member

Dallas HKD Dojangs

I agree with Yukwon. Master Murphy is the only Hapkido school in that area worth going to.

7. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Thanks sir!

8. jwalk

jwalk New Member

From Carrollton, you can make a quick run up I35 to Corinth for Hapkido. Powerkicks moved from Denton down to Corinth recently.

Hapkido 2 nights a week, Sparring 1 night, open gym on Sat.

9. rattfink1

rattfink1 New Member

Another instructor near your area is Master David Beck. He teaches in Richardson. He has classes 3 days a week. Tuesday Night/Thursday Night /Saturday Morning

www.beckmartialarts.com

10. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I know Master Beck. He is a good friend. While his classes and mine are quite different I would reccomend you stop by his class and take a look.