What's Tae Soo Do

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DraKeN, Nov 22, 2003.

1. DraKeN

DraKeN New Member

Yeah I'm wondering what tae soo do is and if it's effective for self defense in street fights because it looks very intresting and I think I may like it but I also had my eyes on wingchun kung fu but can anyone who has knowledge of tae soo do can tell me a bit about that and wing chun and tell me which one is better

2. Aravi

Aravi New Member

Which one is better? Which one suits you more.

I find Wing Chun quite enjoyable myself, and I do beleive in it's effectiveness.

But I'd recommend trying both arts if possible. Then deciding which you like more.

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

The martial art of Tae Soo Do was created as the undergraduate program to, and sports version of Hwa Rang Do. Since the Hwa Rang Do curriculum is very advanced and complicated because there is so much learn, it was often difficult for an individual without previous martial skill training to progress through Hwa Rang Do. The Tae Soo Do syllabus is designed to build a foundation of physical skills as well as proper attitude for the nonexperienced practitioner. This program helps the student understand the fundamentals, basic mechanics, and philosophies inherent in Hwa Rang Do.

More information http://www.hwarangdo.com/

Not a question of which one is better as Aravi posted.....