Martial Artists, Minions of Satan?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Murray, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi Folks,

trawled this from another forum;

Click Me!

I guess you have to ask yourself some questions here;

1/ Does your Dojo ever get unnaturally hot?

2/ Do your Sensei/Guru/Sifu's eyes ever turn red?

3/ Have you ever felt the urge to prod others in the buttocks with a pitchfork?

4/ Do the church doors slam shut without explanation when you get near them?

Check it out :rolleyes:

Andy
    :Angel:

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hmmm...

Errr....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oooppss!

Best take me away then Satan....I am your child :D

In all seriousness, I am a Christian. Not strict 'Churchie' admittedly, but God says he forgives those who forgive themselves. He says that everything on the Earth has been placed here to challenge us, to find the true 'Way' to God is to be at one with all the elements, to fight evil and sin everyday and become a better person for it. This can be interepreted so many ways, just like this persons opinion. As a Moderator, I have to say that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, as a mortal human being - I ask that these opinions be backed up. Does this particular person who made this website believe the Martial Artists on the planes that went into the WTC evil because they put up a fight? Ahh...of course only the meek are lowly...that must mean God wanted the terrorists to kill even more people right? It's all down to personal interpretation. I'll leave them alone, if they leave me alone I think is the best way for me...

Where an earth do you find these things Andy?

3. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

Is that like with whips and leather restraints and PVC catsuits with strategically placed holes? Could be fun. Lead me to your "Martial Arts" instructor....

(Sorry it's been one of those days).

4. alienladd

alienladd I come in peace

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!!!!

My EARTH-PLOT has been EXPOSED!!!

I'll GET you for this, Andy Murray! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    I'll see you in HELL!!!! .HA.. HA.. HA.....HA.. .......HAAAArrRRRR!!!

Lucifer

5. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

Personally I don't see why people are obsessed with getting into heaven in the first place???

You spend life not doing the things that you would like to, bound by a set extremely prudish rules all in the pursuit of spending eternity in heave,.... not doing the things that you want to do.

Why would "god" put these rules in place only to have them abandoned in the afterlife. And if so then why do all the "godly" religions preach this as the will of "god" if it wants you do disregard his teachings after you die?

oh well, its a good thing that my beleifs are that warped that I don't care anymore.

6. waya

waya Valued Member

Oh damn, now I have to wear a hat to cover the horns popping out of my head.....

7. stump

stump Supersub

Before we MAs start feeling too victimised I should point out that most of the "christians" who feel like this also think that dancing and bubblegum are the work of the devil too....

8. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

I told you !...i told you all ..and none of you believed me...well now you'll all pay....he'll come back. he will walk this earth and crush us all beneath his cloven feet. we will be destroyed or worse......be forced to eat his fish fingers........

the dark lord of the fish ....Darth Bridseye.

9. khafra

khafra New Member

Maybe Satan-sensei can teach me that hadouken technique. He does specialize in fireballs, right?

10. stump

stump Supersub

11. Side-kick

Side-kick New Member

The fundementalist Chritian response to martial arts is intersting.: I quote one aspect from the above link ". First, the student is instructed to follow his master or guru in an unquestioning absolute obedience. He is to suspend all judgments of conscience or intellect and to perform specific techniques. When he discovers that certain seemingly beneficial results immediately follow, he will be encouraged to try something further. All the time he is warned by his instructor and others of the danger of turning back. "

This is an 'idealsied' and unrealistic description of student / teacher relationships [iin the west anyway].

I was once at a Taoekwondo lesson and a 'real' Korean student turned up to practice. I spoke to him and mentioned mediation and he went very animated telling me that Satan can get into your mind when you meditate. He therefore drew a distinction between practice of defence and mediation for him. I doubt very much that either are bad for you in a considered Christian theorogical analysis.
    Prayer is a form of meditation anyway?

12. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Im sorry people but i had to email them to say want i think of there site (very good if anyone ask ha ha ha) but i think i used the wrong e-mail for i used my D.R.A.B@evil*******s.com one but to be trueful everyone is aloud there own views on life even if it is missguided but never mind good luck to them (HA HA HA HA hope i dont offend anyone)

13. darlph

darlph New Member

Hey! I'm with the Native American Church. I don't have horns or hooves but I do nibble a little. ha ha
    I guess people will believe whatever they want to, to fit in with their peer group. For some reason I think all people have inner strength and conscience. It's just how you percieve it to be right.
    And in this case, I think someone had a bad experience with MA and has to put the blame somewhere.
    Oh yeah, isn't it written in the ten commandments when Moses had the inner strength to believe he could make it up that mountain that thou shall not judge others? And he who is withour sin..........

14. NielStewart

NielStewart New Member

Argh...!!!!

Couple my martial arts training with that rock concert I just went to and......I guess I'm beyond redemption!

Training with the devil and listening to his music as well.....hmmmm at least I'm not eating devils food......whats that........fish fingers for tea....Noooooooooooooooo

15. Jack

Jack Valued Member

That article in some places made me laugh and in others annoyed me severely.

Nielstewart I just read that fish finger post... ROFL. lol thats a good one.

16. Jim

Jim New Member

Unfortunately there are some groups of all types out there who have bad things to say about MA. Church groups included. We were one asked to leave a hall that we were training in for about 18 months after the Church group that were running it gained a new minister who thought that what we were doing was evil. A bit annoying that we weren't told before we all turned up for an annual group training session.

These types of 'sects' tend to wear off after a while.

17. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. No, well not after the first time because we had to use our Satan enhanced MA abilities to rip the door off its hinges to get in ;)

Thanx

18. Spike

Spike New Member

If this is all true, God`s going to have a bit of bother come the apocalypse. Anyone who can fight will be beating all the Christian pacifists round the head without too much trouble because Satan has influenced them of course

I just uploaded a great picture of me which proves beyond all doubt Satan holds no sway over me.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2002
  19. I AM a "born again Christian" and I just read the articles and I found them downright ridicules! I think there is a danger in meditation but NOT the kind that most people do before class where you just take a few deep breaths to relax yourself or think about what you will be doing. Yes, every art has it's people who go into the spiritual side of it and I think that's the occult but to say that everyone who practices martial arts is evil or sinning is wrong! I don't think these people are informed at all about martial arts or they had a bad experience as a child or something.

Sorry, it struck a nerve. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Fuzzy Panther
    :Angel:

20. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Danger in meditation?

Well appart from falling asleep and your Sensei hitting you on the head with a shinai!