Does anyone have any " Fred Villari" clips?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by shaolinmonkmark, Mar 19, 2007.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Hey , i was wondering if anyone new of where i could check out any old
    " Fred Villari" clips on the internet.
    I searched You tube and couldn't find squat.
    Thanks all.

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

try his website...

try his website...

3. shaolinmonkmark

there are none there

there are none there

4. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Chances are you won't find any clips of Fred Villari on the net...however, you can find something from one of his schools at

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14AW0fCVJSI"]YouTube[/ame]

5. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

i got some stuff on my computer of Villari's clips. i don't remember where i got them though. try looking on the official site and google?

6. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

He cannot allow himself to be videotaped....I believe it steals his soul.

7. KempoFist

Hooray for 15yr old 3rd degree black belts!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1JmwkWo0Q"]Two man Fist set - YouTube[/ame]

8. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Don't know about 'old' film clips but Dan Weston sent me a copy of his video series a while ago, Gm. Villari was probably about 59 when he made them. I'll say this, his hand speed was was right up there with the 'best' of them but I expected that, it was his kicking that really impressed me. In this video he is seen doing spin kicks, jump kicks, scissor kicks, in other words, the typical Korean type kicking techniques which are in some of the forms and combinations.

I remember Nick Cerio telling me back around the very early 90's when I asked him about Fred. He said he was a damn good black belt and could have been better if he didn't have a lower back problem that hindered his kicking. He said he had to show him a modified way to chamber his kicks in order to take stress off his lower back. Prof. Cerio went on, he told Fred not to teach that way unless they too had a back problem. His back didn't seem to bother him during the Chin Na throwing and grappling segments either. Wonder who is chiropractor is?, lol, because there was no visable back problem at 59. I remember someone who viewed this video posting a while back on M/T, it have been Dan, saying something like I wouldn't mind having him sit next to me in a plane, lol.

Evidentally, some were 'monkey see, monkey do' because that was one of the first things Nick checked on me when I started to study under him. He said a lot of the Villari black belts had picked it up from probably watching Fred. All in all, he looked as good as any (peers) and better than some. He certainly hasn't packed on the pounds by any means as many of the seniors around his age has. He's heavier than I remember him but he was like around 28 when I started and about 35 when I left. Good for him. - Joe

9. shaolinmonkmark

in your opinion, who would win in a fight, Matterra or Villari now!

in your opinion, who would win in a fight, Matterra or Villari now!

10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Rickson by armbar

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

:confused:

If we are into fantasy lets go with Gokor :D

http://www.gokor.com/

Heck of a team IMHO.

Gary

12. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

13. KempoFist

Jesus Dan....that video was nearly verbatim what I used to get fed.....now you see why I'm so disgusted???

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

You mean that is not good stuff? LOL, And you wonder why I am happy with my own world of MA, no belts just good fighting techs and having a good time playing in the various sand box's LOL...

Gary

15. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Dan, for some reason, I can't pull up that video link you posted. Anyway, the only videos of Fred Villari I am commenting on is the two you sent me of which be both had agreed upon was really good stuff and for those that don't know which one I'm talking about, they were the white to black belt series. I haven't been with the organization since '81, I run an independant school and even have a Villari school in the same town so I'm certainly not advertizing for them. I'm just calling it like it is as far as the video I saw. Search M/T for the thread, this video series was discussed at lenght there. - Joe

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  16. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

Video

Dan, I cannot pull up the video either. I know that I normally can pull up a wav file ok. Can you activate it on your machine?
    :cool:

17. Matthew Barnes

Matthew Barnes Valued Member

If you 'right click' the link you can download the file, and then you can open it in windows media player on your computer.

Matt

18. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yes I can. It's pretty long of a clip though (5 minutes or so) so doing what Matt says is probably the best.

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Joe,
    The clips are from the same tapes. I also have a tape of FV at a seminar from either the late 80's or early 90's and it's pretty much the same (except he was thinner and wore aviator sunglasses through the entire demo).

FV moved pretty good for a 60 year-old IMO. Especially for what I'd seen in SKK. He sure as hell moved better than Materra and as well as any of the the high ranking black belts in the USSD that I'd watched. He moved better than many other martial artists that I've seen footage of on the web also like Dave Simmons etc.

Did he move as well as Ed Parker, Prof. Chow, Ron Chapel, Al Dacascos, Angel Garcia, Eric Lee or Gary Forbach? No. They were at a different level.

What was FV like as a fighter? No idea.

20. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

Clip

Thanks guys,
    I will do that right after I get home from work.
    Have a good day,