CKJN Lee breaking demo

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Neogalahad, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Neogalahad

Neogalahad New Member

I have been a lurker on these forums for some time now and thought I should break my silence. I just thought I would share a video taken by one of our Dan Bo Nims at the recent 15 year anniversary of Kuk Sool Won of North Austin. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVjDN-Rfdk"]9th Degree Master Byung In Lee, Kuk Sool Won - YouTube[/ame]

2. Neogalahad

Neogalahad New Member

I see a few folks checked out the last video. A new video was put up on youtube recently and I thought I would share again. It isn't a breaking demo, but I still like it. Perhaps you will too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49mHxRUtl50"]Master Byung In Lee - Crane on a Cloud - YouTube[/ame]

3. kiseki

kiseki beating shadows since '06

thank you for sharing, both of those are excellent, and welcome to the forums.

both of those should be in Kuk Sool Media Thread so that they can be found later by other people. Perhaps a mod can add this thread to that one (and delete this post)

4. Neogalahad

Neogalahad New Member

Sorry about that. I didn't pay attention to the second half of the post description, quite obviously.

5. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Thank you for posting these. I try to make Master Lee's anniversary celebrations every year but couldn't this year due to schedule conflicts. I obviously missed a treat! It's good to see him moving around and that the hip surgery recovery went well.

BTW, is he Chong Kwan Jang Nim? I know he's always addressed "Senior Master" but 1. I've never heard him addressed by Korean title (odd as that is, bow-ins always seem to go "Kuk Sa Nim... Senior Master... Kwan Jang Nim...etc."), so just what is his proper title in Korean? It was tough to hear at the end of the breaking video but it sounded like they said "KJN". 2. I thought CKJN was "Chiefmaster" and thus that was SUH In Joo.

No disrespect meant to Master Lee, just trying to figure it out. :)

6. Neogalahad

Neogalahad New Member

When we bow in and out of class he is always referred to as Chong Kwan Jang Nim. Though at any other time he is just Master Lee.
    I also have to live vicariously through these videos as I was sick that day. But, from what I understand, the demo was spectacular.

7. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Ok. That seems pretty definitive. :)

Any time I've been there it's always been great stuff. Always enjoyable to see Master Lee, especially since he's such a personable and funny guy.

8. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Master BIL is now Choon Kwan Jang Nym/Chief Master
    Chief Master In Joo Suh was kinda promoted or rather has a different tittle now since he is overseeing the KKSA, The Korean brach of WKSA. His new title is Hae Jang Nym(sp?) meaning Chairman.

9. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Oh! I didn't know that. I wonder why the WKSA website (at least the English version... can't read the Korean version to know either way) doesn't reflect this.

For that matter then, when he's addressed in English, why do they say "Senior Master" and not "Chiefmaster"?

Thanx for the info.

10. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

As for the Senior vs. Chief, I'm not sure. I think HJN is more of a title than rank. As for rank I believe he ( In Joo Suh) is 10th degree, and since their is only one KukSaNym (national teacher), He was given the title of HJN instead of KukSaNym, so there wouldn't be any confusion. All I know is that when ever I hear KJN's speaking about Master In Joo Suh, he is alwaysrefered to as Hae Jang Nym, and Master BIL is called Choon Kwan Jang Nym.

11. ImaJayhawk

ImaJayhawk Valued Member

That's also what they have on the korean site (회장) hweh jahng

12. CKJNstudent

CKJNstudent Valued Member

Four new videos in the Media thread for CKJN Lee. I was not aware about the media rules either. I'll do that from now on.

13. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

Great vids, TY.

14. Willow

Willow Valued Member

He's 20 years older than I am with a replacement hip, and he smiles as he kicks my @ss every Thursday morning.

15. ember

ember Valued Member

I still haven't had a chance to look yet, I'm hoping next week there'll be time. But I'll thank you for posting anyway :)

16. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Valued Member

I had to miss it also, since I was buying a house and knee-deep in packing/moving that week. But good lord, I've been at his school for a year now and never knew anything about a hip surgery. I remember just a couple months ago being paired with him while he demonstrated a sparring technique with axe kick. I didn't even see him kick... I just felt the wind coming off of it as his foot passed a few inches in front of me. I really can't imagine what he was like prior to hip problems.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007