Martial arts abc's

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Greysky23, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Greysky23

Greysky23 Banned - Previously Banned Member Banned

[​IMG]

The person is standing and is attacked with a punch to the head.
    The punch is straight, not redirected yet.
    The Punch is moving from A to B.

The person moves into a defensive posture, redirecting the punch.
    The punch is off course. The new course is A to B to C.

The person who is attacked now attacks with a Single Punch or Attack.
    This is not redirected, the punch or attack is moving from A to B.

I've noticed this in Martial Arts, and I wanted to verify it by asking some Martial Artists.

I practice this by myself until I get sore, and wanted some feedback.

Attached Files:

• Budo.JPG
      Budo.JPG
      File size:
      38.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

But World Taekwondo Federation was that about?!

Almost makes me wish I had done better in maths class at school.... Almost :yeleyes:

3. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

WTF! is right.

Welcome to MAP Greysky23

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Confussed :confused:

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Please try and explain your question very simply to us and we'll try and answer it.

Are you just asking if those diagrams show a valid defence against a punch? If so, maybe in some systems that is taught - which particular system of martial arts are you trrying to learn?

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Yay! The Christmas Crazy Thread's here! :D
    I start the betting at £5 that it's ninjutsu :Angel:
    Welcome to the forum, Greysky. I'm just playing around with you, I do that when I'm bored ;) Just do me a favour - promise me you won't try to use this technique to defend a punch to the head, OK? I'd hate for you to get knocked out :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  7. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Oh great, he's back. :bang:

Wasn't it Greysky22 last time you were here?

And does this mean the only limit on this is how high you can count? :rolleyes:

8. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

i think he is explainig how to do " double dutch" :D

9. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

LOL.....I'm confused.

10. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

The OP was trying to learn his abc's of stupid techniques to use to ensure an a$$ whoopin.

11. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

its either a crap technique or a bad picture of what the technique is meant to look like, either way good luck.

ill stick with the trusty cover and smoother blocks :D.

i also failed maths, so i guess this could actually be a verry enlightening technique which has gone straight over my head.but probably not.

12. Greysky23

The Punch to the Head, or Person is moving from A to B.
    The Punch is redirected by the defender, the punch is now moving From A to B to C.
    The Defender now attacks with a a punch from A to B.

When the original attack is redirected, is changes from A to B, to A to B to C.

The lesson I think I've seen is this motion. Think your up to observing:
    A to B
    A to B to C
    A to B

I'm sorry if you don't understand. I'm trying to speak as fluent kick ass as I can. Maybe your responses can help my ability to speak fluent kick ass. :love:

13. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Nah, trust me - if it's the same person I think it is we'll get bombarded with loads of bizarre badly worded questions, followed by bizarre badly worded attempts at explanation, followed by vanishing completely in a few weeks time.

Then coming back as Greysky24 around about April-ish with more of the same.

14. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Whilst this was being posted I was busy writing this:

The prosecution rests..........

15. Moosey

Oh yeah, I remember this guy now! Where's SpookyFBI - he seemed the best at understanding what this dude was talking about last time!

Greysky - as far as I can gather, your assumption is correct. When someone throws a punch at your head, you get out of the way and punch them in the head. That's true!

16. Greysky23

I didn't know that this forum was full of trolls.
    None of you have said anything untrollish.
    Your wasting my time, but I hope this thread isn't deleted so that it might help somebody else. At the very least it can't be said I kept it a secret.
    No it's not a secret it's before smiley happy people holding harsh words and trolling.

Peace

17. Greysky23

Good bye. Dear Trolls.

18. Greysky23

Hey ! You understand my idea. HA AH AH AH.......HAAA hAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Good.

Thank you for the response. I type this laughing in tears.
    Good bye.

19. Moosey

Greysky, I remember having this conversation with you last time. We all want to be helpful but we need to clearly understand what you're asking before we can help.

If you're asking whether than diagram shows one way of defending against a punch, then yes it does seem to. I seem to remember your interest is in ninjutsu - so why not ask in the ninjustsu forum but be sure to make your question clear.

There are other ways to defend against a punch too. Other martial arts may not use that technique at all.

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Right, I'll give this a go
    From what I can gather from your post
    Point A) is the attack's point of origin
    Point B) is the intended target (ie, your head)
    Point C) is the redirected attack's target (hopefully not your head)
    If you don't move or redirect, the strike will go from A) (point of origin) to B) (your head) and you will be on point D) (the floor). However if you can work your ninja mojo, the attack will go from A) directly to C), skipping B) since the redirection takes it away from the originally intended target. If you're keeping B) in the mix, you're getting hit. Was that close?
    Now, it's common sense time, kiddies. Are you sitting comfortably? Tough, I'm starting anyway :p
    1) Attempting to apply any kind of pseudo-mathematical theories to martial arts and thus fighting is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Just train; train hard, train properly and this'll all be in your muscle memory, you won't need to come up with stuff like this
    2) In your pictures, you show ONE person defending the attack. From what I can glean from the post (I take it English is not your first language), you practise this motion alone, without anyone actually throwing a punch at your head. You will never learn any kind of effective technique in this manner. Do you go to a club at all? If you don't, find one. Theories like this are all well and good, but they will never be half as useful as proper instruction
    3) Are the pictures an accurate representation of how you actually perform this motion? If they are, slap yourself and repeat after me "I will keep my hands up. How the hell do I seriously expect to stop someone punching me in the head if my hands are around my waist? I will also slap my instructor (if you have one) for teaching me such stupidity. From now on, my hands will always be up"
    Common sense time is now over, please return to your normal routine

EDIT: Bah, the craziness went off while I was responding :bang:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006