Aikijutsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by SPAWNPAIN, Oct 28, 2003.

1. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

Do you know what is aikijutsu? it is a comnination of aikido and jujutsu or a diferent martial art? I practice both arts and when i go into a kumite i use both mixed but i would like to have a clue of what aikijutsu is about

2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Are you talking about Aikijutsu or Aiki Ju Jutsu?

The most Famous sytem of AikiJuJutsu is Takeda/ Daito Ryu AikiJuJutsu (There are others). It's supposedly one of the oldest indigenous forms of Japanese Ju Jutsu, founded around the 11th Century AD.

There are systems called AikiJutsu, some of which apparently have the same Circle principals and concepts of 'Aiki' as Aiki Ju Jutsu (something beyond the mere physical), some of those Aiki systems are quite old and some are relatively modern inventions.

Aikido comes from a combination of Aiki JuJutsu and Kenjutsu and other sword methods and is obviously, a relatively modern invention.

Systems such as Korean Hapkido claim to have come from Aiki Ju Jutsu, something that alot of Aiki people deny.

3. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

Aiki jitsu in our style refers to mainly joint manipulation and there by controlling or taking down your opponent by twisting the wrist, etc..

4. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Is it true that steven sgal does aiki jutsu not aikido?

5. Qasim

Qasim Guest

This doesn't make sense. How can you practice either of them much less both and not know anything about either of them?

6. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

QASIM I'm new at this of martial arts stuff, it is a lifetime procedure you don't learn everything in a year do you? now, can you answer my question or not ?

7. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

SPAWNPAIN,
    Aikijutsu is much like aikido with out all the harmony with the universe, metaphysical/spiritual stuff. Most techniques are abreviated a little bit to be quicker and harder. Aikijutus also places alot of emphasis on atemi waza. Just think of it as a harder form of aikido.

8. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

Thank you so much, feel better about it Virtuous. :cool:

9. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Im assuming since you are new and you are asking about aikijutsu that there is a school you are looking at. Do you know what ryu it is?

10. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

RYU = WAY ? LIKE " DO" IN JAPONESE?

11. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Ryu as in school, Seidokan Ryu, Yoshin Ryu, Dai Yoshin Ryu, Daito Ryu, etc etc. Methodology and technique vary slighty from ryu to ryu.

Also if you are looking into joining a school they usually offer a free trial for 3 classes or so. This will let you test the waters with the art and more importantly the instructors with out having you having to dig into your wallet to see if you like it.

12. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

:p Thank you so much , what do you guys practice so far?

13. JWolf

JWolf New Member

Hello all,
    I am a Yamate-Ryu (Aiki-Jutsu) student of the Chicago Budokai. I also asked the same questions as a whitebelt and learned there is quite a distinct difference between DO and JUTSU, Virtuous is along the right track however i have a link for you which should help:
    www.chicagobudokai.com/Yamate-ryu.htm

14. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

SPAWNPAIN,
    I study Dai Yoshin Ryu Aiki-jutsu currently.

bottom line the difference between aiki-jutsu and aikido is aikijutsu is meant to inflict the maximum amount of damage quickly with minimal effort. Unlike aikido is to neautralize an opponents with as little force/damage necissary.

15. Lucid Dream

Lucid Dream New Member

I am looking to join

I have been in Tae Kwon Do for a long time but i would like to join Akido or even Akijujutsu. I am 17 and i am wondering if this is a martial art where you can practice on your own at home since i have a job and school and won't be able to make it everyday of the week?

16. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

LucidDream, You REALLY need an uke/partner to practice. That and some large cushy matts.