What is the worst martial arts injury you've ever had?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Athena, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Athena

Athena New Member

Just curious as to the war wounds you have amassed throughout training.

Most of mine are pretty minor - developed tendonitis in my hips from kicking when I first started, bruised my shins so badly in sparring my PT made me get x-rays to make sure there was no calcium build up on the bone, somehow hurt my left wrist in a tournament so it hurts from time to time... This week, though, I was wheelkicked in the face in sparring by a 6th dan, and a piece of bone (not a tooth) came out of my upper jaw.

What kind of injuries have you gotten?

2. Smokey13

Smokey13 Valued Member

I havent really had many serious injuries, but i remember once i had a whole footprint bruise on my chest that looked really cool!
    cheers

3. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Still recovering from a serious armbar 4 months ago, when my elbow popped and then some. That was MMA, so I'm doing judo for now 'cos it's less intense.

Also had my patela tendon (in the knee) wrecked by a dumbass BB in the Bujinkan during a demo. He decided to go beyond the demo and bend my leg right back and sit on it. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks and have never fully recovered.

Some other minor joint damage as well, but nothing worth describing.

4. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Blew my knee bad, kept me out of training for 2 years.

Broke the wrist 6 times, had bone removed.

Broken ribs.

Broken foot.

Sprained feet/ankles (6 times)

Broken fingers (countless)

Concussion (5 times)

Torn Trapezious (major muscle that runs through back/neck/shoulder) twice.

Groin pulls (the worst) 3 times

Broken nose (twice)

Broken teeth ( 4 times)

5. Athena

Athena New Member

You win.

6. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Unfortunately.

I train very hard, very aggressively, I fight the same, it wears one out and I'm getting old...

7. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

You must be one ugly mofo. :D

8. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

LOL, if it weren't for my superior good looks, I'd agree with you.

9. Athena

Athena New Member

Proof?

10. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Is in the pudding...

As the saying goes; tit for tat

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  11. Athena

Athena New Member

I never claimed to be pretty. But, this is me;

Attached Files:

• mm.JPG
      mm.JPG
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
  12. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

For a guy, you sure look pretty girly.

13. Athena

Athena New Member

um...?

14. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Not bad at all.

I've only got some small grainy pictures of me doing MA's, I'll post something later today;)

By the way, nice sig.

15. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Don't worry, he forgot to mention that head injury he got, scrambled his eggs a little.
    He'll be good in no time though...

16. UGFighter

UGFighter Valued Member

Hyper extended both arms AND both knees - my knees have never been the same to this day and never will be...

I seperated my rib cartilage in a BJJ competition going from a triangle to an armbar, that's probably the most painful.. hurt to breathe and move for a week or two, then even after that I had limited movement for another 6-8 weeks.

Just recently rolled my ankle... 'bout 6 weeks ago now, still not 100%.. it was a damn good sprain, still swollen a little bit.

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

My right elbow dislocates a little when I fully extend that arm from an armbar where the guy got a bit over-eager. I've dislocated both my shoulders more than once (they're a little on the slippery side for some reason), popped cartilage in my right knee, broken small bones in my foot, cracked ribs and have lots of recurring little aches and pains in my knees, ankles... pretty much everywhere, really

18. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

The worst i had some kind of lower back injury, when groundfighting in jujitsu. My shoulders are a bit funny like Sever's - i had my right one slightly "pop" to an ude garami variation a year ago (i think it was an omoplata).

19. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I've had quite a few, but the worst was probably a broken Lumbar Vertebrae.

20. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Mostly just my pride, apart from that only a couple of hyperextensions, a broken hand and about a million bruises.

edit: and bumpy shins, but that goes with MT so I didn't really count it.