What has Medi been doing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by medi, Oct 10, 2006.

1. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

This:

[​IMG]

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Looks like fun! Care to flesh out the story?

p.s. I love the way the cameraman managed to catch the spent bullet in mid air. :)

3. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Is that what that is? I thought it was a moth. :eek:

I was thinking, "why was Medi hunting moths?" :Alien:

4. medi

I'm in Texas, having wicked fun.

We got hailed on today... quite literally hailstones the size of golfballs. No exaggeration. The guy who owns the Pecan farm I'm staying on thinks he may have lost around half a million dollars... the Pecans were getting harvested in about 2 weeks, now most of the trees are stripped.

5. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Riiiiiiiiiight, 'hail' destroyed the Pecans. It had nothing to do with you shooting an assault rifle around did it? ;)

6. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

:D

Texas is always wiked fun. ;)

7. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

No Crap eh? Where you staying at in Texas holmes?

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Whats the rifle?

Looks like a 7.62mm round - is it an ak variant?

9. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

[​IMG]
    :D

10. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

LMAO moosey - reading your posts had had me laughing all day.... just read the vengeful wizard-god approaches sleeping camel befor eI saw comic book guy!

:D:D

11. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Strangest shaped moth I've ever seen :p :D

:eek: :eek:
    Does it hail golf balls often out there then? That must be damn annoying :woo:

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Medi,

Is it good fun, hunting pecans?

:confused:

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Sorry, medi doesnt know how to spell mexicans!!! :D :eek:

14. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

So would that technically make Medi.. a Mexican't? :)

15. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I doubt it's an AK varient.
    Why?
    The AK is based on gas pressure of the fired round to rechamber the next round.That is why there are essentially two barrels on an AK... one over the other - the top shorter barrel that terminates actually is a pressure chamber to move the receiver. This looks more like a semi-automatic M1 variant with a collapsable stock.

On another note.
    I love the fact that generally the Brits love to moan about how American's own guns and how dangerous it is in the US... yet given half a chance - the first thing they do when they get to the US is run out to fire guns. :p
    I think with Medi it's understandable as his signature used to be:
    "stab stab stab"

Back on that AK variant note: Here's an interesting animation of the action in the AK:

http://www.pbase.com/the_kampfer/image/47449546/original

A rather ingenious design there. :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  16. medi

For a very long time I've been a freaky Brit who doesn't believe in excessive gun control, nor do I subscribe to the belief that anyone with an interest in guns is some kind of whack job. In fact I'd find that attitude somewhat hypocritical among people who learn many potentially deadly physical techniques for self defense...

17. slipthejab

Ah fairplay.
    Yeah I'd have to say that's a refreshingly sober attitude compared to most Brits I come across. I always find the British attitude interesting in that I'd say it's probably far more likely that you'd come across random violence in the UK than the US - albeit without guns involved. Though perhaps even that has started to change.

Though granted I dunno if there are studies that show this to be true. Maybe that's just an American perception of big cities in the UK. At any rate... for a place that strikes me with a fair amount of violence I always found it odd that they can't privately own firearms in the same manner that you can in the US.

If I remember correctly it wasn't always like this. In fact wasn't it only relatively recently that they changed the gun laws in the UK?

18. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I always objected to guns because of the danger of having one in the home, if Ihad a local shooting range I'd love to go down to it and fire a few rounds.

I think the difference is that most people can agree that 20 years of devoted trainning in the martial arts and all the costs and time constraints that entails are about as (If not less) deadly as the kitche knife you can buy down the store for a fiver :D

On a side note, it took me the best part of a minute to work out where the comment in brackets should have gone in that sentence. I feel really special now.

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i went clay shooting the other day, great fun, got to do it again.

20. slipthejab

ah the old clay pigeon eh?
    It's been ages since I did that.
    There are some truly impressive clay shooters out there. I've never been particularly good at it but it sure is fun to try.:D

Here's a great little site with the rules for the different styles explained.

http://www.clayshooting.co.uk/