Ninja Vs Shaolin Monk

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KungFuMaster, Oct 20, 2003.

?

Who Would Win?

1. Ninja

88 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. Shaolin Monk

83 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster New Member

Ninja VS Shaolin monk, who would win, and why?? :confused:

2. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster New Member

Personally I think the shaolin monk would win because they're heavyly trained to control pain and resist the impact of an attack :)

3. khafra

khafra New Member

Depends. Is it in a Japanese anime or an old Hong Kong Cinema Kung Fu flick?

4. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster New Member

I dunno, I guess a hong kong cinema flick :cool:

Does it matter?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  5. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

video or dvd?
    What?
    Oh, why bother!

6. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster New Member

ok, sorry for not going into enough detail, They are both Highly trained in their art, same age, and they're are fighting in a giant room full of pillars, and they can do stuff that you see in the movies.... :D

7. Adam

Adam New Member

In that case, the fight wouldn't happen at all. The ninja would throw a smoke bomb and disappear quicker than the monk could go "ohmmmm"

8. zun

zun New Member

Ah... the ninja is there to assasinate the monk.

(Thought I'd throw some wood on the fire :))

9. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Depends on the ninja's weapons, if he is fully equipped bye bye MR. MONK. Hand to hand I'd have to give it to the Shaolin Monk

10. Helm

Helm New Member

A ninja would win a head-on collision with a truck. The ninja has no natrual predators. He is top of the food chain. He is awesome.

Monks are cool and all, but ninjas are awesome, so the ninja just gets the nod.

11. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

sound like a fan of real ultimate power, haha :D

12. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

Neither...cause neither exist to fight.

Jeff

13. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

The shaolin monk, because ninjas are a disgrace to MA

14. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Why, I guess you never met a real ninjutsu practioner?

Now to the question:

If this was s japanese anime, then the ninja.
    If a Hong Kong Flick, then the monk.

If this was American pop culture, then the real question Who would win Ninja vs Pirate? And that battle will be forever.

15. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Everyone loses, this is a rather goofy question.

16. Cain

Cain New Member

Ninjas are old, Monks are the new fad! :D

My half eaten cheese burger's on the monk :D

|Cain|

17. totality

totality New Member

lol jeff! ninja kind of exist today, people still practice ninjutsu, even though they don't flip around and kill people...and shaolin monks most definitely still exist, although not quite the same as they once were. the shaolin temple does still exist, and there are monks that reside there. so they are...shaolin monks. (i think what we'd be using here would be one of the wushu practitioners from one of the billion and a half schools around the temple :()

and i think the guy with the weapon would win. unless they were going strictly hand-to-hand, then you have to give it to crocop :D

18. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

jeff meant that they dont exist to fight. not that they don't exist at all.

and, there is a difference between ninja's and practicioners of ninjitsu.
    the original ninja's were the scum of nipon. beggers and theives employed by the feudal lords to do their dirty work. they oftern turned on their masters when offered a higher price by their original target and thought nothing of honour or decency when slaughtering women and children in there beds. when you look at it like this, guitarboy1212 is right, they are a disgrace to MA.

for some reason though, probably due to hollywood, the code of ethics of the samuri was somehow transfered onto the ninjas and they became the good guys.

the modern day practitioners of ninjitsu may call themselves ninja's but they're not seem as how they have honour. when they call themselves ninja's, they think of the ninja films and the code of honour they had.

anyway..... in a face to face confrontation the monk would win hands down. but if the ninja struck in the night, from behind with a sharpe sword, then he/she would win. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  19. Adam

Adam New Member

I agree, of the ninja of the monk, CroCop would win :D

20. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

..........what they said! ;) :D