Favorite techniques?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by ember, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ember

ember Valued Member

What is your favorite technique or set of techniques to do? What is your favorite technique / set of techniques to fall for? Why?

2. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Eue Bohk Soo is my favourite set as it feels more practical than the few other sets I've done. The fact that it uses the do bohk is interesting too. And it is the first set that I feel I am beginning to have an at least rudimentary understanding of joint manipulation.

Right now I still like Ki Bohn Soo for falling. I think this is because I have done much for Sohn Mohk and Eue Bohk Soo. In falling I am still finding my feet as it were.

3. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

headbutts are my current fave, as they are not your typical stereotyped headbutts, and they really hurt!!!! and i'm quite happy to fall from any technique

4. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i don't have a particular favorite set, but i do like the 2nd dahn sets (although i don't know cane yet). they are alot more fun and easier to remeber than the first degree stuff! i'm quite happy to fall from most techs. i like chucking myself about but the ones i don't like are those that go against the elbow joint, too ki 2/4 and more recently poh bahk sool 10.

5. KSW88

KSW88 Valued Member

Poh Bak Sool 10 is such a great technique. I prefer 9 though!

One of my all time favourite techniques is Yeun Heun Sool number 1. The lock is first introduced in Dee Eue Bohk soo number nine. Its just a great joint lock that anyone with any strength can do.

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Too Ki to get thrown by
    joung guep sohn mohk soo,Kwan Juhl Ki,Yuhn haen sool, junin bub -- favorite techniques to do.

7. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

As cheesy as it might sound, Ki Bohn Soo is probably my favorite technique set. There's a lot you can do with it, as training exercises. I feel doing it over and over it like hyung -- training the body how to move. And I love how as I learn things later on I can go back to Ki Bohn Soo and it becomes different, "better" if you will.

I also like Dahn Do Mahk Ki because -- and this may just be me -- when I do that set it does feel like a culmination of all that was learned up to that point. It feels like all the principles come alive and come together in that set. You Won Hwa very alive in there.

I'll agree with davefly76 about throws against the joint (e.g. too ki 2/4). I don't care much for those either. When I was first starting out, someone did Sohn Mohk Soo 7 a little too rough on me and my elbow's never been the same since. :cry:

8. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Favorite technique = Too Ki #13. I would never, EVER, try to use it for real, but it's a whole lot of fun to do in practice :D

9. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Lately I like Dee Eui Bohk Soo. I like to practice the various bear hugs in different scenarios,e.g. lift them up and slam down, lift up slam against wall, hold in place for friend to hit. I also like doing a two part scenario where you grab somewhere on the back, yank in and grab for the bear hug. Then I have two chance to get a technique, during the grab and yank and then if that fails the bear hug itself.

I like both sides of this.

10. musool

musool Valued Member

Favorite technique = Ki Bohn Soo #3. Favorite sets = Yahng Sohn Mohk Soo and Bu Chae Sool. Favorite challenge = Ee In Jeh Ahp Sool

11. ember

ember Valued Member

I also like dee eue bok soo. Too ki's another that's fun, but tough. I like falling for too ki #13 with the right partner, when we can get it.

12. RaccoonWrangler

RaccoonWrangler Valued Member

Admittedly, it's the highest level I know, but I like Maek Cha Ki, probably because it's what I'd most likely use if I had to fight...

Number ten (round kick to Hohn Soo), would have to be the favorite of favorites...

You punch me, I block, grab, twist you and kick the snot out of you... :p

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006