Street Fights???

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by #1 Stutta, Oct 18, 2003.

1. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I know street fights should be avoided at all costs, but sometimes you don't have a choice.:( Of course if you read some of my posts you know I've fought outside of the training room.:( I'm just wonderin' if any of you have ever been in a fight on the street and how did it turn out?

2. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

First street fight I had I got my ass handed to me by a huge German boxer ( at that time I didn't know how boxers fought )
    Its a big difference when you are on the street because they dont stop until you are seriously inured, just give it your all and try to knock him out and leave. My thoughts at least.

3. totality

totality New Member

don't get into a lot of street fights due to reputation now, but i used to fight a lot, as i'm a very agressive boy...took a lot of damage due to braces:( but most people don't really expect a kick to the head in a street fight :D

4. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

34 views and only 2 replies?!? c'mon people. i know that not all of you could have avoided a street fight.

wait a minute, maybe you could have. if you have, what kind of situation were you in and how did you avoid it?

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

A few sad occurances - I'm still here in one piece.

My success is probably down to poor opposition.

6. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

unfourtunatly being an ex door man i have had quite a few encounters. i do belive the saying that nobody wins a streetfight, i hated the person i became when i had to fight! but ive gone through it now and belive myself to be a better person because of it!

7. Fist Of Legend

Fist Of Legend New Member

I had some street fights yeah. The first time I got beat up real bad and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. The problem is, if it's you're first fight on the streets, you are a bit scared. once you got that "klik" in you, it's over. Especially when you're doing a martial art. ;)

8. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

Well what can i tell you? i"ve fought several times before and i was not receiving any martial arts actually i took taekwondo for a couple of months when i was 8, ok every single time i fought it was completly medieval , i was really scared , i got hurt several times nothing serious fortunally , but there's something i can tell you, the only figth taht worths is the one in defense of your love ones ( family and not always your friends ) think about the what ifs? ok ?

9. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

oh sorry i actually didn"t answer to your question when you fight out in the street, nothing is what you spected , the moves, defenses, attacks, everything is diferent, you panic at all, you comand your body to do the most simple action and sometimes it won"t move, besides your concentracion will be broken every single every second, your enemy will surelly be with his friends waiting for you to turn you back to attack you, and you,ll be listening to the classics ( kill him, in the face in the face, hold him hold him, attack now and a lot of bla bla blas more ) let me tell you it is not like in the movies. Even if you are a black belt in any martial art you can get hurt for real sometime.

10. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

It's not always different. ALOT of the fights I have seen on TV are all the same. Whether it's on a reality show, Cheaters, Maximum Exposure, etc. They're all the same - and that is both guys getting angry and when they fight, they usually grapple each other as if they were trying to violently tickle each other to death, to say the least. They get all over each other and then both guys fall on the ground, wrestling or punching. Maybe 95% of all street fights end up on the ground. But I know for sure that most of the fights I see ALWAYS has ended up on the ground. And usually, when these fights end with a knockout, it's usually by the hand.

11. ratman

ratman Valued Member

haha, now 109 views. Some years ago,Some idiot kids(yeah kids,roughly 18yrs to 21) tried to jump me an impress some girl they where hanging out with. My yrs of sparring and training in tkd went out the window. I just used school yard brute force and pushed one over a flower hedge, and got the other in a head lock and squeezed.

12. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

Well, what they were doing is showing-off, and showing-off is a fools idea of glory.:yeleyes:

13. KungFuGrrrl

KungFuGrrrl Valued Member

ok here goes.
    a guy pulled out a gun and I did a simple pak sau (wingchun) on his forearm and took the gun from him. That is my best.
    I have also been in bar brawls a few years back and won some yet recieved a nice bloody nose in others........

14. KungFooBoy80

KungFooBoy80 New Member

Before I joined martial arts, I got into a fight at a walmart and kicked the crap out of two guys who started crap...

Now that I am in martial arts, I havent really been in a fight per say but because of the confiedence level I have now, I can avoid em!

15. totality

totality New Member

unrelated:kungfooboy...you might need to shrink that pic, i don't think anyone is really going to appreciate seeing that in everyone of your posts...kind of annoying, not all of us have broadband :D

16. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

As a kid I've been in a few fights (between 10-30), Never left it off my feet, always won or had a "draw" when a cop/parent/teacher/samaritan showed up. Never really got damage, no bruises or broken bones, just a few scratches. Mostly i would get in close to them and give kidney/base of spine shots or grab hold of face and swing them to ground. Always worked for me, as I have been attaced by 4-6 guys at a time! I prefer more opponents 'cause then there are no "cheap shots" if fighting a whole gang you can go ahead and bite thier nose off!!!:mad: :woo: :eek: Dispite my natural fighting ability I never was a bully, rather the guy who kicks the bullies butt for hurting the nerds (who were my friends):)

17. KungFooBoy80

KungFooBoy80 New Member

Haha.. Yea it was kinda of big uh? I took it off...

As far as being unrelated, I believe you need to read the subject. Here... Let me say it for you SLOW... "S..T..R..E..E..T..F..I..G..H..T..S.."

Did you get it or do I need to say it again? ;)

18. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

What if he attacke me on a train? Is that a

T..R..A..I..N..F..I..G..H..T?

19. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Or on the sidewalk?

20. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I have been in a few fights, mainly started by me. I don't think I seriously hurt anyone that bad... back in primary school I dropped a lot of people kicking them in the leg, basically how I finished all fights in primary shool. In high school, I gave one guy a massive black eye and followed up with a couple of shots to the head. I gave another guys 3 knees to head whilst I had hold of his hair - I think he was screaming over the pain pulling his head around by his hair caused more than the knees 'cause I couldn't throw knees properly then. The worst I ever copped was a hard punch to the side of the head which hurt for a week.

I was not doing anything like the sort of training that I am doing now, so I think things would be very different if I was to get into a fight, or at least I hope so. I am pretty confident that I would be able to remain calm and use my skills rather than brawl.