Jade Empire

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rubris, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Rubris

Rubris New Member

Has anyone played this game? Cause personally I think its one of the greatest games I've ever played seriously.

2. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

yeah it is an excellent game, if you liked it try star wars: knights of the old republic too, it's by the same people as Jade Empire but you get to use lightsabers :yeleyes:

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's great! THe only game Ill do on the x-box!

4. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

It was a great game indeed.

A bit too easy, but entirely fun the whole way through.

Superficially, yes, but the fights are completely different; Jade Empire is an Action RPG while KOTOR is pure RPG.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I found it challenging, but I'm generally banned from the XBox , I tended to get a bit lost too! Liked fighting though!

6. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Its a great game. I just recently completed it. 9/10 in my books. (not ten, cause i thought it was a bit short :( )

7. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

I don't think it's really short; you probably found it short because:

a) Like me you played it non-stop for a disturbingly long stretch
    b) Everything fun seems unfortunately short

Must be, counting deaths and all, over 20 hours of gameplay, which isn't bad for a scripted RPG.

8. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Maybe... But when I compare it to something like KOTOR, I dunno, it seems just a tad short. Still, its an excellent game. I'm playing through it a second time now, trying to get all of the side quests :D

9. UKscrapper

UKscrapper I kick ass therefore I am

I found the last few chapters of the game to be a bit short but altogether it is a fantastic game with great story, voice acting, colourful characters and plenty of variety of martial art styles and side quests. Trouble is that once you get the Jade Golum style it makes all the fights a cake walk.

The only trouble about games like that is that it puts the rest of my life on hold as I find it hard to break away once I get immersed in it. Its like the video game equivalent of crack.

10. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

It's a great game, but no game has ever ****ed me off so completely. I had played it up to chapter 7 (or whatever comes after your return form the spirit realm) and the game froze up. I rebooted, exchanged the game for a new disc, and anything else I could think of. In the end I had to delete the whole game from the Xbox's memory and start over. I was so ****ed I just stashed the game away in a drawer and never looked at it for about 3 months. Fortunately I had DOA 3 and Xtreme Beach Volleyball to soothe my addled nerves.

Ohhh, yeah. I had banned myself from using Jade Golem and storm dragon in the fights. Those two powers just take the fight out of the combat.

11. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

i've lost count of the amount of times i've played this now. But I think it's replay value has gone becuause i know what's coming. Perhaps I need to wait a while and try again.