Konigun proves lineage !

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kikaku, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

It seems that Bryce Dallas and his Konigun clan recently embarked on a journey to Japan, and have come back with "proof" of their so-called lineage. This proof includes scrolls and photos : Touchy ground, but I thought it was interesting never the less. Even though it may turn out to be nothing more than a desperate attempt at damage control.

http://www.konigunninjutsu.com/gallery2/v/japan2006/Enshi+Saija/Scrolls/

Bryce Dallas and Master Saija
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Immediately after the picture was taken Bryce commenced in consuming his master for breakfast!!!

Does he need a bra?? :eek:

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Can he prove that this man is actually Saija and be brought to the courtroom to prove his identity. That will be the biggest part of the court proceedings when it does go to court.

Also, people who come on here can translate the scrolls so are the scrolled pictures correct for a ninpo budo background claim, or are they just there for show and as said "damage control"?

4. Kikaku

[​IMG]

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

6. Kikaku

I'd say about an extra 300 lbs and a 10 % raise in share prices for McDonalds !

7. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Actually, from what they have said and done as told over on e-budo, it would be hard for me to believe anything that is said by them. I know they and ex konigullible members go onto bullshido and post, but most of what they say is more akin to the film Billy Liar.

8. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i bet master Saija is really proud of his student.

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

His claim about a spore making his nearly morbidly obese is just laughable. But I do have to say, the recent food scare of KFC being hagh in some form of fat that was found in their chicken cooking in the USA seems to have had an effect.

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Some of those scrolls look more like prints designed as decorations. Orientation on the paper looks more like art. Of course, some of our Japanese fluent members will know better.

I've seen more authentic looking "scrolls" on eBay.

And don't forget, didn't Mr. Dallas get arrested on counterfeiting charges?

And I don't know Japanese, but a few of those scrolls remind me more of accounting ledgers or manifests, just in the way they are laid out.

Waiting to hear more from our more knowledgeable members,

11. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Look at this!

Go here - http://www.konigunninjutsu.com/

On the left, click on "Pictures (Updated)". Scroll down and click on "Japan Trip 2006". At the top right, click on the picture of the "HATSUMI DOJO". There are pictures of both the Honbu Dojo and the Tokyo Budokan in Ayase. I wonder whether Mr Dallas actually visited the training during his trip. Does anyone know?

12. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

My first question is this... In View 27, "Shidoshi Dallas Holding Enshi Saija Makio Kaiden," the first thing I noticed was that the first three Kanji going downwards vertically on the darker brown portion of the scroll (which is also the same as the first three vertical Kanji on the right side of the tan portion) translates to "Jigen Ryuu," which happens to be a famous sword style that originates in Japan. Hmm... I thought these were supposed to be Ninjutsu scrolls. Should I even bother to translate the other Kanji on that same scroll? Only took me two seconds to realize that it was a Jigen Ryuu scroll, yet it was still wasting more of my time than should be on someone like Mr. Dallas. Oh well, it's this or study for my last final in Japan tomorrow...

Edit: No, on second thought, as some of these things are actual passages, I'm not going to bother. Hopefully someone who is fluent and can read even faster than I, such as Don Roley, will get a hold of these pics and have a go. By the way, can someone archive these images now so we have record of them claiming Jigen Ryuu scrolls as being Konigun ones?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  13. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

One way of knowing if he visited Honbu for training - check if there'd been any work done to widen the front door. :p :D

And as for those scrolls, I reckon he bought 'em at one of the 'ninja museums'. Funnily enough there's pictures from the 'Koga-Ryu Ninja Museum' on their gallery...

14. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I do not think Dallas has entered the Hombu as it will have been a talking point on Kutaki and other bujinkan/genbukan forums like e-budo and MT.

15. mpearce

mpearce Valued Member

My wife who is Japanese and a shodan from Noguchi dojo say that. One scroll says: Shigenryu the white one rolled out it is from the Meiji period which is less then a 100 years and it is not talking about ninja. It is talking about as my wife says bits and bits of things such as be nice to your parents, your bothers, sisters, friends, and married couples be nice to each other. Another scroll the long chewed up one says Ichihiroryu mushagumi (mushagumi is just the name of a musha group) mokuroku (mokuroku is a list). My wife says that it is very strange in that it is written by different people. One part the far right is Japanese and it says that it is "To: Takano ****aro" then it gives a list of names the last one also far right is Suda Nomura. After the names it is Chinese then back to Japanese and then finally Chinese. It also says that it is from the Meiji period. The long hanging scroll is a fake she tells me. When she looked at it she laughed as all the hiragana on the helmets are backwards and all the writing is in Chinese. Finally all the darker scrolls like the one with the circle on it are a calendar/ horoscope. It is a thing that the Japanese still use to tell them when a day is good or bad for different functions.

She said that she couldn't understand what they were talking about and didn't want to try. So that is as much as I can do.

16. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Thought as much. Shall we say Busted for now?

17. bencole

bencole Valued Member

Thanks

Thank you and your wife, Mike.

I concur. It looks very strange and did have multiple authors.... What a strange document!

I believe that you meant to type "on the far LEFT" is the dedication "To: Takano ****aro" (Takano ****aro Dono) and that the name on the list is "Tsuda" (not Suda). It's the same character as the final train stop for the Tozai-sen on the Subway ("Tsudanuma"); so I used to stare at that character every day waiting for the train. LOL! :D

Yes, I agree. The characters are all very modern. It would be difficult for anyone to argue that these documents pre-dated Meiji....

Seeing these "scrolls," one can really appreciate how talented Takamatsu-sensei really was--just the beauty of Takamatsu's calligraphy makes these Konigun documents look like they were pulled out of a Cracker Jack box. :rolleyes:

Thanks again, Mike!

-ben

18. mpearce

mpearce Valued Member

Doh! thanks for the corrects on the typos Ben. I was trying to type it as my wife was reading. Not an easy task at best :D

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

So Bryce is telling porkies as well as looking like one!!! :D

20. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Shall we start singing of who ate all the pies, or is that a bit OTT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.