Black Tiger Shaolin kung fu

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Hoss, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Hoss

Hoss New Member

i study sil lum kune but we just recently discovered our long lost past and we are now - 黑老虎少林 - Black tiger sil lum kune .

rare form ?? have u heard of it ?? wht have u heard ?

2. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Long lost past, eh??? :rolleyes:

3. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Sil Lum= Shaolin isn't a long lost past, really. And certainly not credible anymore.
    From what I recall, Black Tiger is simply a more aggressive form of Tiger to begin with. But I wouldn't call it a rare form in the least.

This is really vague though; anything else beyond this?

4. Declan

Declan Valued Member

5. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Who the ***************************************** is "WE"

You said it twice, maybe you failed to realize this is a forum, so if you want us to see something....

Post a video :)

6. Hoss

Hoss New Member

we been my club...
    yes i know shaolin fist isnt a type of ma...

im asking wht u know of black tiger sil lum kune kung fu !! ?? . bloody hell all i get in this forum is <profanity removed> hostility . <removed>

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2006
  7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well, this one will be closed soon. :rolleyes:

8. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I have had to remove swearing from your above post as well as blasphemy which may upset religious members of this forum. I remind you that bad language and profanity WILL NOT be tolerated and is against the ToS that you agreed to when signing up.

Shen Yin and Declan have both been helpful to you by offering little titbits of information and I see nothing overtly hostile in any of the replies to your original post.

Please refrain from posting obscenities or this thread will be locked!!!

9. Dog Welder

Dog Welder New Member

I think you need to expand on this a bit first...

1.How did you find out that you practice black tiger? It's pretty unusual for a teacher not to tell a student at least the basic name of the style. If you give more details on how you guys figured this out someone may be able to direct you to someone else in your lineage for better advice/info.
    2.Could you post some vids or pics of your forms?
    3.There's more than one "Black Tiger" style. A couple stand alone systems, and black tiger is also a name of individual forms in other systems. It's well known, rarer than some but easier to find than some other gongfu styles.

10. PantherFist

PantherFist Valued Member

I found this site, I don't know if its the club Hoss belongs to but its called Siu Lum Kune, and they claim Black Tiger lineage. I'm going to refrain from comment, what do you others think?

http://www.sil-lum-kune.com/

11. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

By the looks of this style I will refrain from comment as well :rolleyes:

12. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Quoting a description of the Black Tiger on their website.

Interestingly, I think they took the EXACT SAME LINES from someone else. Namely, a fellow by named Jeff who learns Shaolin Black Tiger, aka Shaolin Hei Hu Men (lit. black tiger door of shaolin) as far as I know of -- they are like an amalgation between CLF and Hung Ga.

Ther website can be found HERE: http://www.black-tiger.org/main.htm

As far as I'm concerned, his Black Tiger style is VERY closed door -- when I asked him, he told me his Sifu isn't even taking new students.

SO -- the question would be, how the hell did this "Bob Johnson" get their information? Perhaps he stole them? Copied them onto his website? As far as I know, what he is teaching is not Black Tiger.

I smell some smoke here. Let's just say the fire burns whoever deserves it.

I think it's now time for some contacts of mine to hear what's up . . . . . . . can't have people taking and falsifying their lineange.

Jeff's post can be seen HERE:

http://www.dragonslist.com/discussion/animal-forms-styles/3309-information-black-tiger-style.html

13. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

i hate liars and thieves!!!

Hoss,

I don't know or care who your sifu is. What i do know is, he's a liar and thief for posting that info on him learning Black Tiger. I will not attack you personaly, because you don't know, you've been mislead by someone using false claims to our lineage. There is no Bob Johnson from the United kingdom or the United States or united anything for that matter that has ever learned Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun (Shaolin Black Tiger) under Grandmaster Wong Cheung my sigung.

For him to make such claims is not only disrespectful of sigung, but an out right fabrication. It is one thing to try and decieve people with false statements, but to use actual legit lineage and names to try and substantiate those claims, is just deplorable.

I don't know if this Bob Johnson is your teacher/sifu or teachers teacher/sigung, but if he goes about making such flagrant misleading claims. It leads one to question his integrity and honesty.

Thanks Infrazael for bringing this matter to my attention.

Hoss, if this Bob Johnson guy or your sifu has anything they wish to say to me, i can be easily reached thru pm at this forum.

Jeff Clark
    Disciple of C. Kune Wu
    Chairman Of the Black Tiger Assocation Hong Kong.
    and senior closed door disciple of Grandmaster Wong Cheung.

14. Dog Welder

Dog Welder New Member

Wow, outright plagerism. Man, that sucks. Hope you have good luck finding another school Hoss (asuming for a second that this is your group). It's been awhile since I've seen someone caught red handed stealing like that :p

15. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

Hoss,

It's very simple to find out if your sifu is really Black Tiger clan or not...Just ask him to show you the clan's salute. It's done when two clan members meet to verify that they are indeed of the Black Tiger sec.

You can post a pic or explain how it's done in a pm to me. If he doesn't want to show you claimng you're too new to know this stuff. Then just ask him who actually created Hak Fu Mun? Don't let him give you that Shaolin Monk crap either. Anyone that knows Black Tiger knows it was created by Soo Hak Fu, but what was Soo Hak Fu's real name?

Have him name the core sets/forms of Black Tiger, there are over 100 forms, but only 5 core sets. Here's a simple one Wong Fei Hung of Hung Gar fame learned Black Tiger, who taught him his Black Tiger? Here's a clue it wasn't Wong Cheung although they did know eachother.

These are questions that only someone in the loop would know, you can't find the answers on the internet or within any book.

jeff:)

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  16. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

17. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

diligentmantis,

If you compare the link i posted with the one you posted, you'll notice that one was replaced with the other. Also notice how he now claims a Master F Wong and not Wong Cheung anymore. So which is it i ask?

Wow!

Hoss, i hope there's other schools around your area...

jeff:)

18. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Jeff, no need to thank me. I hate these frauds as much as you -- I can't stand to watch a fellow CMA, a kung fu brother, or another Sifu/Lineage get a bad rep or falsified because of SOBs like this "Bob Johnson" guy.

From now on, I will be keeping a more active tab on these so-called "CMA" schools.

It's one thing to form Temple Kung Fu and use make up lineages -- it's another altogether to condone outright plagarism.

I say if you see these people in real life, ask them for a nice Gong Sau and KTFO the fools.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2006
  19. Dan Tien

Dan Tien Banned Banned

"The Sil Lum Kune system was then endorsed by the B.C.C.M.A (British Council for
    Chinese Martial Arts) as regards to the authenticity of Kung Fu being taught in
    early 1999 after a full assessment of our syllabus and training practices."

Grabbed this from their site too.

The current BCCMA is the same association that recognised / authenticated "Lions Claw Kung Fu" invented by Lee Jones and one of his mates in his bedroom!

No wonder Kung Fu in the UK gets the pee extracted from it!

From reading most of the SiL Lum Kune site I can't actually see any real Kung Fu in there.
    The guys learnt some wushu in the last couple of years, but that don't make it a traditional system.

For heavens sake............the bccma looks like it will recognise any "Hu Flung Dung" system.

So...........Hoss has the SLK system actually now become the Black Tigher SLK system?
    Coz the site doesn't say the name has changed.

20. chris lomas

chris lomas Valued Member

Can't comment on the schools you mention but entry to the BCCMA requires only two things;
    i.) A syllabus (any syllabus, from anywhere, so long as its on paper).
    ii.) Money (more important).
    I think the latter is more important to them.