Help to all me poors fellow who got a boring job!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by furn, Apr 28, 2006.

1. furn

furn Valued Member

Hi everyone, i just read another thread on the boredom of work and how repetitve office job can be a real pain. I work right now in an office, and i got nothing to do, and when i have something to do...it's boring, repetitve, and challenge-less. But! After maybe now 3 summer in a row with the same job, i will try to give some hint to be able to speed up the time. This hint applie to office job, computer work sitting 7-8h in a row in the same room at the same desk.

1) Some fear that, if they go on internet, the administrator, or the boss, can see what everybody do, so they fear that the boss catch them. But, except if you're in a big place, that never happen. I mean, the boss don't have 8h to give in a row, watching if everybody do their job, and, someone paid for watching other is a rare thing. So, don't fear about going on internet if you want.

2) If you want to go on the net, but don't want to have the Explorer bar on your desktop, and you have microsoft outlook, use it! Said that you use outlook for you job e-mail, and go open the web page and navigate on internet by microsoft outlook! So no one will ask you why an E-bar is on your desktop.

3) Abuse of Alt+Tab for switching quickly of page, by exemple me i switch quickly from my job program to internet.

4) Always have some paper, document, something in front of you, even if you have nothing to do, try to look like.

Also, here a website of interest for those who have nothing to do

1.1) The forum of MAP, how can we forgot this one ^^
    2.1) http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games.shtml , this website got many great, and easy game, who help get through the day.

I know it incomplete, maybe you all know that, but for those who don't think about those point, hope it will help. One thing i want to say, i don't put this thread in hope that people stop working, far from it. I'm putting this to those who finish their job, and have nothing to do when waiting for another work to do in the office, or who want to take a break of their repetitve task.

Enjoy, hope it's help! Don't fear to comment and put your hint! :eek:

2. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Or you could be completely blatant like me - I've just spent twenty minutes watching a training DVD! Bwah hah hah! Having my own office and no morals has finally paid off! :D

3. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

If you can use Linux on your laptop or something, then great!! Your boss probably don't know anything about Linux, and there is this virtual desktop thing, where you can switch from one desktop to another, so say you can keep your work desktop at desktop 1, and web surfing stuff on desktop 2.

Otherwise, there are these avoid boss plugin for MSN Messager, Firefox, etc... where you can press this button and those program will hide themselves, and lauch these "buisness websites" and make it seems like you are working!