Recent trouble, need some help

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Seiryu, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Seiryu

Seiryu New Member

Hi, A while back i got into some bad trouble, well dragged into more like.

A big dispute between my friend and his, something over stealing, anyway, i got caught up in this because i was there at the time.
    For quite sometime i became a target for this guy and his mates, a filter for frustration i suppose, i got attacked on a regular basis for no reason, quite often it was a usually group of 3 or 4 people.
    I ended up spending 5 months in just the dentist trying to repair what fists, feet and occassionaly anything harder had destroyed, that's ontop of the doctor and hospital visits.
    It stopped for quite a while, until a month ago, when they found out where i lived, which is just my luck....5 doors away on the same row.
    So now i'm back to being their filter again and having the hell beat out of me when i least and most expect it.
    Before they found out, i'd been looking for martial arts schools, i don't even dare leave the house now, just like trash like them, they'd target my sister next.
    I really don't know what to do, i've tried the police, i even went around to their house to try to talk it through, which didn't go so well.
    It's driving me nuts, I can't seem to avoid it :bang: , having my friends with me help, but i can't expect them to be with me 24/7 and they end up knowing when i'm with and without them as they live so close.
    Can anyone please help me figure this out, i'm sick of being their damn target for something that doesn't even involve me.
    thank you in advance for any help anyone can give.

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Boring, slow and no fun but, keep a diary of every incident, keep on at the police, did you report the assualts which led to medical treatment, you may have to go to court and give evedence, they are not going to like it, but if you do not take steps now, they may do you irrepreable damage in a future incident. You have to take control. If you keep a diary you may get enough for an asbo or an interdict against them. Martial Arts will give you confidence bu no MA can turn you instantly into a collosus capable of defending yourself from 4 attackers at once.

3. Wax

Wax Valued Member

To clarify... these guys have broken teeth on several occasions and the police did nothing? It makes the story somewhat unbelivable.

4. Xav

Xav Valued Member

well doing MA would be usefell but it would take quite some time untill you are good enough to beat 3-4 opponents (and obviously these guys have experience in fighting)

police would be the way to go, they will probably lock them up
    if police does nothing (what I highly doubt) I suggest training/buy a knife/call some friends

5. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

Man, I don't know how you're able to stay sane taking abuse like that, I'd be packin' some kind've protection REAL quick to not get jumped. I'd file a police report saying they were attacking me and if they try to physically harm me again, my knife will protect me.

6. Ferenc

Ferenc New Member

The police is the only way.

But it wouldnt hurt to invest some time in something that gives you self-defense skills in a relatively short amount of time: Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing etc. and train everyday.
    The only time I've fought multiple attackers was when I fought 3 attackers off by punching out the biggest in the group first, and then ran away from there.
    If you have to fight them fight dirty, look at Richard Dimitri's 'Shredder'-Series for inspiration: http://www.senshido.com/

But that seems more like a short-term solution in your case since they seem pretty determined to hurt you continually whereas mine was a one-time accidental encounter.
    In the off-chance that you get through a 4-on-1 attack with very limited self-defense skills, what do you do when they bring 4 more buddies along, or if they bring weapons the next time?
    Fighting doesnt seem to be a long-term solution in this case.

It is very strange that the police would be so inactive in this, you should force the police to do something - complain to your local state department, at least contact someone in authority.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

If you wont go to court and be a witness, the police have very little choice to do anything. That is why the diary is important too.

8. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Don't buy a knife and carry it..

as previously mentioned, keep a diary, keep all your medical visits logged as well as police report numbers.

If they live so close, has any attackers occurred in view of your house? if so get a camera, any witnesses to the attackers on you?

the more information you can amount the more chance you have of succeeding in court, i take it you know there names?

The police are generally not too good as these situations unless you have evidence.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  9. Seiryu

Seiryu New Member

Thanks
    Most the problem with the police is the fact i have no evidence against them.
    I mean sure, Going police is good, But with just my word alone against 4 of their's, they'll drop it in no time and all i'll do is get them even more mad.
    All i have evidence of, is that i just got my face beat to hell, police can't do much on that.
    But the logs should be quite helpful and the camera would surely help, it usually is close, even if i do have to run back a little just to catch them on it....despite not wanting it to happen again.
    But i'm not going to resort to anything like weapons or stooping to their level.
    thanks, I appreciate the idea's.

I'll post if anything changes :)

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

at no point in past attacks was there another witness to the attacks?

I don't know if it is legal over here(uk) but there is a spray called X spray that dyes the attacker's face blue for seven days.

But again there are four of them against your one version then no action will be taken.

Not easy at all.

11. reel deel

reel deel New Member

Breaking your teeth is ABH mate, the police should've done something, the diary thing good Idea.
    You could take up Krav Maga which will get you up and fighting in about twelve weeks depending on your dedication but not against 4 blokes you'd have to study a lot longer for odds like that.
    A private prosecution might be the way to there plenty of no win no fee solicitors out there and if you sue for the shirt off their back and get maximum publicity then the police might be forced into doing something.
    But please don't carry a knife, if you carry a knife you have to be prepared to use it and if you use it the consequences could be a trip to jail for life if you kill someone and I don't think these cretins are worth chucking your life away for.
    I know what I'd do ambush em one at a time (But that's me not you!) and hurt em so much they'd want leave town.

12. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Do not under any circumstances start carrying any kind of weapon with you this will do you more harm than good in the uk.
    Gather as much evidence as you can and keep going to the police , you could even aproach a local paper if the police seem unwilling to help.
    On a side note why are they picking on you and not your mate?

13. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I agree this just doesn't seem right, I'd say there is more or maybe less to this story then we're being told.

14. Seiryu

Seiryu New Member

Why are they picking on me and not my mate?
    Probably because i look less of a threat seeing as i'm twice as small as my mate.
    Or just the fact my mate has more violent friends than they do.

As for witnesses, i really don't know, some could of seen it out the windows or something, i've never gone door to door asking.

As far as ambushing them and hurting goes Reel, Only thing i know is one wrist lock from Ju jutsu that i learnt to put one into submission if they try to choke me or grab my shirt lol, other than that i usually aim for the groin.

15. Seiryu

Seiryu New Member

Maybe it seems there's more or less to the story, I've said all i have, maybe the police are doing more than they are telling me or nothing at all.
    The point is i came here to get help with what they don't seem to be willing to help with or doing much about.
    I just needed some help, not accusations on if my story is believable or not, if that's the case, i will get help elsewhere.

thank you everyone for any idea's you gave.

16. bushidoka

bushidoka Valued Member

divide and conquor eh?
    go to palidin and get a book on revenge tricks or whatever its called. Single them out and make their life miserable lol.

17. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

if you mate caused the problem then get him to sort it, i take it he knows of the hassle you have got?

18. Wax

Wax Valued Member

I honestly don't belive you have gone to the cops, if any of this has happened at all.

If you walk into a station with a bruised face and say you were beaten up by four people that you know and you want to press charges the cops WILL take immediate action. In my experience, and I invite the lawyers here to correct me, there is no provision in law that says the word of four is greater than one. If that was the case no gang would ever be arrested.

As far as evidence, you have dental and doctors bills, witnesses after the fact (those that saw you're condition) and an explaination of motive. More than enough to press charges.

The suggestions that you take revenge or stand your ground and fight is stupid advice that will get you killed or put in jail (as attractive as beating them senseless with a cricket bat is.)

19. nightcrawlerEX

nightcrawlerEX Valued Member

My Suggestions...

1. - Keep Diary & Go to cops (as previously mentioned)

2. - If step 1 Fails more than once (which it probably wont) Buy a Punching Bag and practice basic boxing/kickboxing on it and next time they attack go for the leader.
    If this step fails repeat from step 1

3. - If all other steps fail grab 3 mates and go arround to their house and throw a rock though their window.

4. - Please disregard step 3

20. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

"Pull a 45 and bang! Settle it." - Bruce Lee

Well maybe not....