Nunchaku ( no i dont want to buy one :p )

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by titan, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan

titan New Member

I see it very difficult for one to be used as a weapon. Unless the wielder is going to swing at the enemy what use is all that spinning and turning? Is it just for show?

How would one defend/attack with it? Would he continue performing the spins while moving towards the other person and force the other guy to move backwards or someting of the sort?

Also with the presence of these hide-a-chaku/telescopic nunchaku, do these have a disadvantage over the "proper" nunchakus?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

1. Find a Sensei

and or

2. Use the search facility to browse the 167 threads on this subject

3. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

wow you really hate questions on nunchacku don't you? :)

Swinging them at your enemy is indeed the point, like most other weapons you smack people with them! It's been told to me that the waving around would be for making people keep their distance, of course if you advance that person may back up as well.

Can't make any real comment on the last bit, but I would assume that the telescopic ones would hurt just as much if you get nailed with one.

4. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Actually, only those which should be answered either through direct training (hence my "sensei" comment) or..

By taking the time to use the search faclility (which is why its at the top of the forum header)

[​IMG]

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.