If you ran the WKSA would you change anything?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Unknown Entity, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity New Member

If you ran the WKSA would you change anything and why?

How would you run the organisation and what changes would you make and why would you make them?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

oh my god this will be a huge thread

3. Unknown Entity

Fire away Choi....lets get the ball rolling.

4. Gi Ma Ja Se

Gi Ma Ja Se 90 degrees is 4 real MA's

lol this is more of a fashion change ha ha ha, id make it so that the 4th dahn generals was for 3rd and 4th dahns, this would seem more logical as you would keep the silver generals for 1st, 2nd dahn, then at 3rd,4th you get the red silver one, and at 5th you get the red one!!

just a thought?? makes sence but choi if there is a reson why 1st,2nd, 3rd all have silver generals please enlighten me... :D

5. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

All 3rd degrees say that.... I did.....although it does follow the pattern ...yeah sure why not?? I dont care who get the prettiest band uniform.

6. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Change the name ........WSKA is often interpreted as "We Kiss Suhs a$$"
    Get rid of the lampshades......put policies in place that encourage school ownership worldwide so people can teach ksw as a legitimate career instead of a hobby part time. ......require owners to attend at least one ma business seminar each year teaching best practices and principlies in the industry,,,,,,,All masters must own and operate at least their own part time or full time school NO EXCEPTIONS. .......raise the standards of rank to require referee cert for tourneys at the 2nd dan level........schoolowners must be at least 2nd degree or higher and have at least 2 letters of recommendation from masters vouching for them.as well as a fully executed business plan that describes how they will succeed for at least the first five years. ....so they don't flop, close and make ksw look unprofessional or just open to get 5th dan .....offer large group health ins and liability ins for all owners and thier employees.........all school owners are REQUIRED to test their own black belts to 1st dan,but may not test anyone up to their own level,............committees will exsist for all functions of KS, such as risk management, curriculum/syllabus evolution, Masters review board, to review 5 th dan applicants, Tournament committee, to oversee and manage the process of hosting tourneys, etc etc etc all of this would free KSN of many burdens and allow him to enjoy his position even more. I don't know .....i really haven't thought about it much.................... :Angel:

7. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

all of the above is allready done in the uk.
    maybe you should move over here? :D

8. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

Id fail more people in tests especially at first degree and above..

9. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

I wouldn't let them test to begin with.

10. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

What no one lol Sometimes to fail is to actually realise what it is to pass. Some people would learn more from failing a test than by not being able to take it. But i really do like your method for the running of wksa. Choi for president :D

11. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

I wouldn't let them test to begin with if I think they are going to fail because then there is no money involved. If you let them test anyway andthen fail they would have already paid for the test, failed, and would bitch and moan that it was all about the money. In my opinion the test req's ould be well known ( with a few surprises) if one CHOOSES to test after they have recieved approval to do so ,,,then fails they would need to retest which means paying the test fee again. Now lets see who is really rank hungry..

12. Unknown Entity

Without failure we cannot truly appreciate the value of victory (or passing)!!!

13. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Yeah i understand that although the point i was trying to make is that sometimes people have all the ability and skills to pass but their attitudes suck. Failing a test that they know they are technically good enough to pass can be a heads up to their attitude proving that the art is more than being profficient at the techniques. Although i think that you would probably have weened thesed people out already.
    :)

14. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

I think that idea is true in competition or in the marketplace, but I don't know if it works in the exam process. I would hate to have to fail at Oxford in order to appreciate passing...I would appreciate passing by virtue of all the work required to do so.

15. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Both of you raise valid points. So, perhaps another way to look at it is that you don't pay per test but you pay per "advancement" (for lack of a better term). So you pay your fee, take the test. If you pass, great... move along. If you fail, you can retest but there's no fee for it. It allows people to learn from failure yet it's not about the money to pay again. If they fail the retest, before money becomes an issue I think there may be greater issues to resolve because failing twice might be indicator there's a larger problem that needs addressing.

16. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i thought that was the case anyway?

17. Mung Kee

Mung Kee Valued Member

yeah it's a one time fee but I think what some people are getting at is that people who test never fail. Not necessarily a bad thing as long as the instructor does not allow a student to test when they don't deserve it.

18. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

thats the problem....eventually you will pass with what amount to a sympathy promotion, that is loosely justified with a subjective standard. which is fine, i guess. I don't fully agree but what do i know? First of all it's not really a test fee, it's a certification fee. If it were a test fee then you would pay it each time you tested, which I think is a good idea as it rewards those who are competent since they need fewer tests and it encourages every on else to be ready or don't test at all. Preformance based , with a pocket book incentive.?????

19. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Good idea.

Why?

Will we have enough judges? Would the tourneys take longer because of lack of judges?

Good idea.

If someone starts a business without a business plan, they are nuts.

bitter?

Sounds good, but how would it be possible without putting the association and its members at risk. If the schools are independent and an accident occurs at one school it is that schools problem. If all schools are legally tied together then how would that affect other school or the association in case of a lawsuit?

Or create even more politics. Have you ever worked in management for a big company? The politics (at least in the companies I have worked for) make KS politics look tame by comparison.

20. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

when i fail one of my students, (which i haven't done yet, but would do if they wern't up to standard) i don't charge for a retest. i think it is important for testing students to know that they have to work for there next belt, and that there is no guaranted passes. just like every other test you might take in life, work hard = pass slack off = fail on guarantees.